8 - Hide n' Seek? More Like Hide n' Pass the F-ck Out...

don't have a kidney disease, promise me.

-staypunky

***

I watched in disgust as she ripped open the seam of the noisy bag and then twisted off the lid of the jar, after a small struggle. She glanced at me, an excited grin on her dumb face as she reached into the bag and pulled out a misshapen hot Cheeto, following through by dipping it in the jar and pulling it back out with cheese on half of it.

No.

She brought it to her lips and then winked at me before eating it.

“That’s disgusting.”

“And eating kidneys isn’t?” She laughed, rolling her eyes.

I shrugged and leaned against the bush we had been hiding behind, just a foot or two away from the sidewalk, just below the sightline of someone leisurely walking past on this quiet, warm night, “Agreed.”

“Here,” she suggested, holding one out for me, “Try it.”

“You’re insane.”

“Please?” She begged, sticking out her bottom lip to convey a seemingly sadder face.

I shook my head and folded my arms over my chest, “Don’t you think I’ve done enough for you tonight?”

“I don’t know what you’re talking about,” she faked, her voice rising in pitch.

“You made me strip, lose a meal, and carry you on my back while you kicked me and pulled on my hair halfway across town. Then, I stood watch as you shoplifted those calorie carrying, sodium drenched, sad excuse for a snack items,” I glared at her, “Remember?”

She huffed, shrugging, “Boo- hoo, go cry to your mama.”

“I don’t cry.”

“You don’t eat regular food, you don’t go out without being completely concealed, you don’t like talkative people, you don’t like idiots, and you don’t cry. What else is it that you don’t do?”

“Go on romantic strolls in the park or kiss in the rain.”

She rolled her eyes, “Is that all?”

“Among other things.”

“It sucks that you’re so uptight; there’s a lot you’re missing out on,” she waved the dark red chip dipped in cheese in front of my mask, “Like the delicious taste of hot Cheetos with nacho cheese.”

I pushed her hand away, “I don’t care.”

“That’s another thing about you; you don’t care about a lot of things! Why is that, huh?”

“There’s no need to care about things when they’re likely to disappoint you.”

She thought about what I had said, “I guess so…” the air was quiet for a moment until her face brightened up, “Hey! I know what’ll make you feel better!”

“You dying?”

“No silly! Let’s go for a stroll in the park. I mean, of course it doesn’t have to be romantic, but it’d be fun.”

“That was on my list of things I don’t do, meaning I DON’T DO THEM.”

She hopped up on her feet, placing her hands on her hips after shoving the bag of Cheetos and the small jar of cheese in the front pocket of her purple hoodie, “C’mon. Live a little!”

“I lived when I was normal. Now, I just sort of survive.”

“Well then let’s survive a little bit more! C’mon Jack, please!? You’re no fun! But I know you want to be, no matter how much you pretend you don’t.  I have class tomorrow and that’s no fun at all so please just do this last thing for me. Please!”

What Lovely Kidneys You Have (An Eyeless Jack P.O.V & Romance)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें