1

"There's beauty in the silver, singin' river

There's beauty in the sunrise in the sky

But none of these and nothing else can touch the beauty

That I remember in my true love's eyes."

Imagine traveling with your best friend Bob across the United States for an entire summer. Only you and he getting to know places you've never seen before. Bob always brought with him a notebook where he pointed out ideas for new songs, but he never showed you. He said he would prefer you to see it when the songs are complete and you respect that. While traveling you took the opportunity to take pictures of the landscapes.

You talked a lot while traveling by train.

Bob was sitting across from you with a cigarette between his fingers.

"It's beautiful.", He commented looking at the landscape outside. The day was wonderful with the blue and cloudless sky on the horizon.

"You're right.", you agreed, looking out the window, and only then did you feel Bob's gaze watching you. He didn't break eye contact when you looked at him too.

"What's wrong?", You asked, feeling your face flush. You were always ashamed when he looked at you with such attention.

"You are beautiful, do you know that?", Bob said and made you smile. "The most beautiful woman I have ever seen in my life."

And you laugh ashamed, hiding your smile with your hands.

"Stop lying...", you said.

"I'm not lying." said Bob. "I thought you should know that. You are beautiful."

And raising his cigarette to his lips again, Bob looked out over the landscape while you smiled completely flushed.

*****

Welcome to my Bob Dylan book!