82

* You're pregnant *

Most people you know didn't believe when you told them you were dating Bob. Specially because Bob is more than fifty years older than you. 

You knew that questions would come when Bob and you started dating, but the fact was that you love that man so much. And even with almost eighty years old, Bob still manage to have a younger mind. You two could be talking for hours and hours, and you would never get bored.

But even thought you loved him very much, you were not expecting to get pregnant. For the last two weeks, you had been feeling tired and strange. Bob told you to visit a doctor, but you assured him that it was just stress related to work. At least that was what you thought it was. 

Now, looking at the two lines on the pregnancy test, your heart was racing. How would you tell Bob? And how would he react?

You never spoke about kids. Bob's kids were already grown up, and you were almost sure that he wouldn't want any more children.

You could hear him playing with his guitar on the front porch when you stepped out of the house. He was so distracted that he didn't notice your presence for some seconds.

"Hon.", he says, looking at you. "It's everything alright?"

You nodded as the words seemed to be stuck on your throat.

"You sure?", he asks, leaving the guitar on his chair as he stands up, getting closer to you.

"Please don't be mad at me.", you mumble, and Bob looks at you with nothing but love in his eyes. 

He passes his thumb along your cheek. 

"I could never be mad at you.", he speaks, hoping you could better explain what was wrong.

You show him the pregnancy test you were hiding behind your back.

"I'm pregnant, Bob.", you say, and telling him those words just make it more real.

For just a couple of seconds, you can see the look on his face change. Your heart was still beating fast, but then Bob takes a step closer and holds you in his arms. He gives you a long and tender hug as he whispers:

"It's okay, honey. It's all going to be alright."

You feel a smile forming on your lips as Bob lets you go.

"You are not mad at me?", you ask him.

"Mad?", he almost laughs. "How could I be mad at you right now?", he takes your hand. "I know we were not planning on having a baby, especially because I'm an old man..."

"Bobby.", you interrupt him. Your age difference was never a problem to you.

"I promise I'll take care of you and the baby.", he says, caressing your hand with his thumb. 

And at that moment, all your worries went away because everything was going to be alright.