1:8

Lena had never been to the infamous Griddy's Donut's before but it was safe to say after walking into the establishment, that she was glad of that fact

They chose stools near the far end and sat, her on Five's right and directly infront of a little silver bell that he impatiently tapped repeatedly.

"You have no patience in your old age, you know." She tutted.

"We're the same age." He said back dryly.

She shrugged. "I could be older than you, who knows? I sure don't."

It was true. She didn't exactly remember how long she had spent at the commission before she was dropped in the same apocalyptic wasteland Five had been in. So it was entirely likely she was a few years older than him, and all because the commission had numbed her mind into living those years in an endless loop that didn't have an end.

Lena glanced around at the interior. It wasn't often she would have ever go somewhere like this; it was certainly interesting to look at.

"Thoughts on the place I spent ten percent of my childhood?" Five looked at her with a raised eyebrow.

She open her mouth to reply, then paused, before admitting bluntly, "I feel sick just sitting here."

He almost laughed at that. Almost. He might have thought that she didn't see his lips twitch, but she did.

"Whoever chose the colour scheme for this place should be shot."

The neon pink mixed with orange walls and yellow decor was nothing more than an eyesore.

The bell to the establishment rang once more, signalling the arrival of another customer who took a seat on the other side of her husband.

An older woman dressed in the brightest shade of pink Lena had ever seen approached with a notebook in hand and a sickly sweet smile. She looked at the man first.

"Sorry, sink was clogged," her gaze swept over all three of them. "So, what'll it be?"

The man glanced up from a newspaper on the counter, and Five and her watched out of the corner of their eye. Well, she did. Five had the subtlety of a bull in a China shop and stared head on at the man. "Uh, give me a chocolate eclaire."

"Mmhm, sure," Agnes hummed, jotting it down quickly in her notebook.

Then in a very odd turn of events, she turned to Lena and Five with a smile. "Can I get these kids a glass of milk or something?"

She exchanged a blank look with him. There was a moment of silence where they glanced back at Agnes and then to the man, who in turn glanced at us then at Agnes.

When nobody said anything, Five flashed the waitress a charming smile.

She could see the sarcasm hidden underneath as he said, "The kid wants coffee. Black."