Chapter 17

✨ Edited ✨

I woke up to see newt getting ready as I climbed out of bed. "Going into the maze again?" He asked.

"Yea." I sighed deeply. He hated it when I went in there. He walked over putting a gentle kiss on my lips.

"Come back to me?" He asked and I nodded. He said that Everytime. Always wanted to give me a reason to come back.

As I made my way to where minho waited. He gave me a Kurt nod as we ran into the maze.

Newts P.O.V

"So newt, have you guys tried climbing it?" Thomas asked. He had figured out his name after fighting Gally last night.

Zart laughed from beside me. "Seriously greenie everything you think of we have tried."

"Newt!" I heard a voice behind me seeing Gally. "My sister go in the maze again?"

"Yea, said she thinks she saw somethin out there. She come back Gally, she always does." I reassured him.

"She almost didn't yesterday." Gally sighed and I nodded. "She will make it back." I said more determined as he walked off.

"So you guys just let kitty walk into the maze?" Thomas asked as my eyes snapped to him.

"Newt..." Zart gave me a warning tone. "Listen greenie. You don't understand how much she's done for us."

"She built fry a kitchen, she updates the homestead so everyone has room, hell she built half of the watch towers here." I growled.

"She made the rules the keep us safe. She helps out in every job here. And never asks for a day off." I felt a reassuring hand on my shoulder to see zart.

"Now you wanna be helpful here." I threw a basket to him. "Go and get us some fertilizer."

The greenie walked off curiously as I exhaled deeply. "Hey, he will learn newt." Zart reassured me.

"Hopefully soon. I always worry about her going out there. Greenie isn't helping." I tried not to be angry.

Suddenly I heard yelling to see the greenie running from Ben as we all started running to him.

I ran over hitting Ben in the face with my walking stick as everyone grabbed him to the ground.

"What the hell happened?!" Fry asked the greenie as me and a few others held Ben down.

"He just attacked me." The greenie said out of breath as I looked confused at Ben.

"Lift his shirt." Alby said as Ben started panicking again. As we pulled up his shirt I frowned.

"He's been stung? In the middle of the day?" Gally asked confused. "Put him in the slammer. We wait till kitty gets back to decide anything."

As some of the boys took Ben I looked at Alby. I saw kitty and minho running back from the maze as she looked confused.

"Keepers meeting now." Alby growled as we all walked to the meeting pit. "We wait till kitty gets here."

"Newt what's going on with her?" Alby asked as the keepers were wanting to know the same thing.

"She's been having nightmares past couple of nights. Bad ones. This Ben situation won't help."

Taylor P.O.V

As I walked into the meeting I looked around. Noticing all eyes on me. "What the hell happened." I growled.

I walked down to the center. "Ben got stung." Gally said finally as my eyes snapped to him.

"Excuse me?" I asked in disbelief. "Tried to attack Thomas." Newt put in. Everyone looked to me to make the hard decision.

"Nothing we can do for him. Banish him tonight." I growled as I stepped out of the room noticing the greenie and Chuck.

"Heya chuck." I smiled slightly. "You haven't visited me in a while." He frowned.

"Sorry Chuckie. Had to do some things and got busy." I smiled as I hugged him tightly.

I looked to the greenie and frowned. "Starting to believe your bad luck greenie." I simply put it as I walked away from the two.

This new greenie is just as I said. Bad luck. I was sitting in my room for a moment until minho came.

It was time to banish Ben. I sighed as I stood up and followed him to the edge of the maze.

Minho looked angry. Angry that he had to do this. I grabbed the bag from minho and shook my head.

"I got it." I mumbled as he gave me a simple thanks. As they brought Ben, I frowned.

I kneeled in front of him trying not to cry. "You run Ben. Run like hell." I mumbled.

As I stood up I threw the bag into the maze so ben had it. "Please Taylor! Don't let them do this!"

Ben begged me as I took a deep breath and signalled Alby to started pushing him into the maze.

My eyes wondered to Chuck and Thomas not far. I narrowed my eyes at Thomas.

If he never got here, Ben would still be here. And not be thrown into the maze.

All I good hear was Ben's cries and pleas to let him stay as the maze doors shut with him inside.

I walked away from everyone without saying a word but was stopped by minho.

"We still gotta talk to alby." He reminded me as I nodded and we walked over to him.

As soon as the sentence left minho's mouth alby's eyes widened. "Hold on a second. Dead greiver?"

"Yes. It's why we came back do early." I crossed my arms and sighed. "Wish I hadn't though." I mumbled.

The boys gave me a understanding look as I grunted. "Anyways, we don't know what to do about it."

Alby thought for a moment and sighed. "Fine, I'll go. Nobody knows about why in going." He pointed between us as we nodded.

We all made the plan of action as I headed to my room to see newt already sleeping.

I smiled softly as he woke up when I closed to door. "took you long enough." He yawned as he sat up.

I walked over and sat next to him. Tomorrow was gonna be dangerous but u couldn't tell newt that.

"Newt." I started as he rested his face in a pillow. I needed to tell him. Just In case.

"I love you." I mumbled causing him to look at me with wide eyes. He gently pulled me down to kiss him.

"I love you too." He said through the kiss causing me to smile. This boy was my everything. I couldn't imagine a day without him.