Chapter 2

Peeta's POV
"And the 75th annual Hunger Games tributes from District 12 is... Nova And Raze Trenbrook!" Effie's voice chimes. I really don't know, but her happiness just sounds so forced today.

My eyes wander from Effie, down to the crowd, trying to see who we will be dealing with. After a while, I finally spot them.

It's a big, strong boy, older than me, meaning he is 18, and a little girl, I'm guessing 12. The little girl keeps running back to her family, from what I can tell, a total of 7, if you're not counting her and her brother. There is three girls, and three boys, and then a mother. She has a little bundle in her arms, while what I'm guessing is the oldest girl, is holding a little boy, probably only three.
At last, the boy, now tribute, what was his name? Raze, gets a hold of his little sister, Nova, I think. He ,throws her up on his shoulders, and without the peacekeepers, he walks up to the stage. They walk into the Justice Building, and their family walk around the building, entering from the backdoor.

Now it's our time to get escorted. We get to the train station, and instantly, Haymitch is off to the bar wagon.

"Okay, I don't know how you two will react to this," Effie suddenly says, "But the Capitol only gave you one room to stay in. It will be the same, once we reach the Capitol. I couldn't protest, it would just become a big mess, if the Star Crossed Lovers from District 12 didn't want to share a room. You are fiancè's, after all."

Before I can even think, Katniss just answers: "That's fine Effie. Thanks for the heads up."

Effie nods, and then says: "I'll go get the tributes now. Can you two try to keep Haymitch away from the scotch? He's been throwing up when drinking it recently." And with that, she is out the door.

We walk to the bar wagon, and just in time. Haymitch is about to down a whole bottle of scotch.

"Haymitch, no!" Katniss yells angrily at him. He drops the bottle in shock, causing it to break, and spill all over. Two avoxes quickly runs over, and begin to clean up.

"Really, sweetheart?" He says annoyed, grabbing a beer. At least, that's not all that bad.

"Effie told us that you can't have scotch, you've been throwing up," Katniss explains.

"So? Didn't think you two cared about good old Haymitch's health," he says, laughing in a drunk way. We've been here for like 5-10 minutes. How can he already be drunk? Is that even possible? Maybe he already was, before we came here, but still.

"We do, Haymitch. But I, at least, also care for these tributes. While you are drunk, you can't see them. Got it?" I say coldly to Haymitch. Both Haymitch and Katniss stare confused at me, because of my tone, yeah, even the avoxes. I walk out of the wagon, and try to find my and Katniss' room. I don't know why, I just can't stand either of them right now. When I find the room, I throw myself on the bed, and sigh loudly. Why, I don't know. I just do.

---

"Peeta, dinner is ready," I hear a soft voice call. Katniss. I sit up, and rub my eyes. I look over at the door to find Katniss standing there. I get out of bed, and make my way over to her.

"For how long have I been sleeping?" I ask.

"I don't know, three hours? Maybe three and a half? I don't know," Katniss shrugs.

"How are the tributes?" I ask, realizing that I weren't there to greet them.

"Well, they act like they're fine, but I heard them whispering about us being horrible mentors. I am angry, you're asleep and Haymitch is passed out, from drinking," she says.