Chapter 2: Familiarity

Start from the beginning

But I managed to force myself to stand straight. I glared daggers at one of the workers who tries to trip me. He just snickered and walked away to continue his work. "What's his problem?" I muttered out.

Some employees here always make fun of me for being such a clumsy worker. I don't really care though, atleast they don't make me feel lonely, even though they don't really like me that much.

After I the customer paid his order. I head back to the counter, hearing a bell from the door ring as it opens. Another customer. I take no notice of that and went to the other customer's table to ask for their order.

"I would like some iced coffee, that's all." The customer said, his eyes still at his menu.

"Okay, coming right up." I wrote their order and head back to the counter. As I was walking back, I heard a female's voice.

"She must be here." She said.

"Luciel informed me that she works here." An oddly familiar male's voice said.

"I'll get some coffee, do you want one, Mr. Han?"

Mr. Han? He has the same name as the famous chairman, Chairman Han. I know that wasn't him since the chairman's voice sounds far different from him. They must have the same last name.

"No, I'm not in the mood for coffee." 'Mr. Han' replied.

So they we're looking for someone who works here?

As I head back to the counter, I made the customer's order.

  That man's voice is oddly familiar, though I can't remember. Do I know him?

Hmm...

..Nah, don't think too much, [Y/N]. You'll probably get in trouble again for not focusing.

I added some ice and other decorations for the coffee, then placed a straw, carefully. I smiled at the masterpiece I just proudly made.

I put it in a tray with a napkin, and bring it to the customer. I guess this is not so hard after all.

"Thank you." The customer smiled warmly, I smiled back.

"Enjoy your day."

————————————————————

An hour has passed. The whole cafe was packed with so many people that every table is already reserved. Now, I'm totally swamped.

As I walk back to the counter, I take a look from the customers.

Some customers are working with their laptops, a few of them are studying, and most of them are just chatting and laughing with their friends.

They all look busy, and happy. I wish I could be the customer instead of working here.

   I made some hot chocolate for the three customers. It's been an hour and I'm pleased to say I fortunately didn't make a single mistake.

  Regardless, I can see our boss is observing us again. Now you can do this, [Y/N]. Show him that you've got this! I thought to myself, with a big grin.

I placed the three hot chocolate filled cups at the tray cautiously that it might hurt your fingers. 

Walking to the three customers' table to bring their orders. Like always, they paid and thanked me, smiling tenderly at me, and I just smiled back in response.