1

It was today wasn't it? It was already December tenth, the day Iwaizumi would be able to start his new job as a neurosurgeon.

He sat up in his bed, nose cold and his eyes red from exhaustion, he would've honestly preferred to stay home and drink coffee on the couch instead of waking up at the crack of dawn. He glanced around the room and exhaled deeply at the sight of boxes scattering his small master bedroom along the walls and even the furniture he was actually able to move around the house. After a long moment of doing absolutely nothing with his life, Iwaizumi pushed himself out of the bed and shivered as the cold air nipped at the bare skin of his torso, goosebumps painted his arms and made him instantly regret ever moving to the city of Tokyo he now lived in, the sounds of cars constantly echoing through the alleyways between buildings.

After sliding on presentable clothing for his new job at Natsukashii Hospital that stood only a few blocks from where he lived; he looked himself up and down in the mirror next to his bed. He wore a warm long sleeved grey sweater, and a pair of khakis. His casual attire more or less. There were about three more hours before he would ever have to get to the hospital for his first shift, so that gave him plenty of time to sort out the errands he needed to run and have enough spare time for a quick coffee at the café he spotted down the street. Iwaizumi stretched his arms high above his head as he yawned loudly before opening his door to see a small wide eyed surprise standing outside of it in a large t-shirt.

"Daddy?" Sachi asked as she rubbed her caramel brown eyes from the exhaustion that had still yet to leave the six year old's body. Her long black hair was a complete mess as she yawned and stretched out her hands for Iwaizumi to lift her up into the air for one of his signature hugs.

Iwaizumi felt his heart heat up in love as he leaned down and pulled the young child into his arms with a giant smile. "Sachi-chan, how did you sleep my sweet pea?" He asked her as he gently squeezed her in his arms, slowly standing up with his daughter clinging to him like fleas to a dog.

When she was comfortable enough on her father's hip Sachi looked at Iwaizumi and allowed a huge smile to cross her face. "It was great papa; I dreamt that I made so many new friends and that you did too. I feel like today will be the best day ever!" she exclaimed, her voice rising in tone slightly and her eyes sparkled slightly.

Iwaizumi smiled at his daughter as he began to walk her back to her room to get the child into a nice set of clothing before he had to bring her to the daycare at his work that they kindly gave for free. "Perhaps today will be both of our lucky days then huh sweetie?" He stated as he set her down onto her small blue bed in order to go through a small box filled to the top with children's clothing in order to pull out a green dress and a pair of black leggings to keep her warm. Gently tossing the clothing into her face earned a loud fit of giggles from the young child before he finally got her up and dressed.

Next on the agenda? Well that was obviously brushing their teeth and combing out Sachi's hair since Iwaizumi's hair was short enough to leave in a mess presentable to the public's eye. The two of them happily left the bathroom, Sachi's hair in two long braids and her teeth whiter than the walls of their apartment. They were all ready to go, it was about the time where Iwaizumi would get to head to the café anyways, and taking care of the small girl took hours without her mother around to help him. You could say that he sucked at doing hair; he would get frustrated whenever the braid would come out crooked on her head and the onyx haired girl would pout as her father struggled with trying to fix it however, the two of them would celebrate joyfully when he actually finished it. The two of them grabbed their winter jackets, scarves and wrapped their bodies up in the warm material as they stood by the front door to go over everything that they needed to do in the morning.

"Okay so did you bring a book to read?" Iwaizumi asked as he held up one finger to count it as one thing.

Sachi nodded happily and twisted around to show her dad her backpack on her back, it had little cat faces on it that she adored. "Yes sir! My books, lunch, and my cell phone is in here!" she exclaimed.