Start

Thunder roared and a flash of lightning passed by seconds later as the rain poured down heavily like the tears on your face.

You try to wipe them away aggressively with your red wool knit sweater, but the tears kept on falling.

Sometimes you wonder what did you do wrong? Were you not hot enough? Not cool enough? Or were you just not enough?

You shake your head. "No Y/N stop thinking like that. It's his loss.... so why am I the one that's hurting the most?". You sighed.

You take out your phone and check the time as– 11:37 p.m.– flashed on the screen.

It was a Friday night and you didn't really have any other plans as you finished all your work in advance. You always worked above and beyond being the software programming prodigy you were. Or at least that's what your mom always tried to brag about with all the other moms.

You soon quickly unlock your phone and scroll through your apps until you find the app store. You figured that since you weren't going to get any sleep tonight with the storm going on outside that you might as well download a game or something to pass the time.

That's when you stumbled upon a whole list of dating simulator games and realized that it's been almost two weeks since your breakup with your ex-boyfriend and yet you're still hung up over him. That and the fact that the amount of people obsessed with playing these types of games is off the charts. I guess you're not the only one that's feeling lonely.

You finally looked through all the games until you found one that caught your interest.

Boyfriend Maker- Create your own dream guy and live your own fantasy

Bold words. And honestly by looking at the screenshots alone, you know it wasn't probably going to be the most revolutionary game. In fact, this app had the poorest review out of all the others.

But you shrugged your shoulders anyway and downloaded it despite the fleeting amount of comments criticizing the lack of creativity and freedom on this app.

You opened it up as soon as it got installed on your phone and when you did, you instantly understood what those negative reviews were saying.

It was basic with a distasteful colored background and the graphics looking like they were drawn in with crayons by a four-year old. Even when it came to the actual designing of the characters, you can tell how poorly the coding was as the animation glitched like no tomorrow and the artwork and layout of the characters looked entirely ripped off and copied.

You closed your phone screen and laid it flat on your bed as you felt some frustration build up within you. "No, no, no. Here's what we're going to do." You said to yourself as you stood up, picking up your phone and walking to your laptop. You cracked your knuckles as you plugged in your smartphone into your laptop. You push back on your office chair as the wheels roll smoothly against your bare wooden floor. You took a quick deep breath before rolling your head and stretching out any other muscles of your body before you get to work.

Let's just say, this wasn't the first time you got disappointed with an app as you managed to transfer and open the app on your laptop before successfully accessing its coding. Poor quality games don't have the most advanced security in terms of their game development, so it was extremely easy to rework them in your favor.

"This is gonna take a while." Luckily, you didn't have a roommate to bother all night.

And what a night it would be. Compared to your previous projects, this app was going to take a lot more work to perfect in your eyes. You wouldn't be who you are if you weren't so critical of everything. Everything has its formulaic way of reaching perfection and if it doesn't meet that standard then it was clearly flawed.