Chapter Thirty One

Start from the beginning

"Then send this guy to go meet them!" Captain Jongho yelped, pushing Minho towards the door. "Go! Stop them from coming!"

"He's still injured," Captain San pointed out, pointing to Minho's throbbing head.

The man who had followed Park Seong-hwa walked over to Minho and bowed. "My name is Lord Kim Hongjoong," he nodded to Minho before turning away. "I'll send for a doctor immediately, please don't worry."

Minho bowed his head. "I'm Prince Lee Minho of the Lee and Han Kingdoms. I'm sorry that I strayed into your land, please believe me, it was unintentional."

"It's fine!" the king grinned. "The more the merrier! I'm King Jung of the Geulimjja Kingdom. You're safe here until you recover, but your people are coming to my border, which is a little scary, not going to lie, especially with General Jeon of the Lee Kingdom with him. Maybe you can stop that?"

"Um..." Minho looked around at the gathered men. "Maybe I can write a letter for one of your men to deliver to them? Would that be okay?"

"Sure!" King Jung nodded. "You can stay here as long as you need, or want. I like you!" he smiled before walking out of the room.

"That was... interesting," Minho murmured, but shook his head. "Do you happen to have parchment and a brush and some ink?"

"Sure!" Park Seong-hwa pulled the materials from a desk drawer in the corner of the room and handed them to him.

Minho sucked in a breath before beginning to write.

Dear Cousin Yongbok,

I hit my head while riding Cho on the Northern Kingdom's land. I was rescued by some of

their men and am being rested and healed as I write this. There is nothing to worry about,

and I will be fine soon. Please head back and perform our duties. And please express my

apology to the now Han King for not being able to be at his crowning. I will return home

soon and will see you then.

Prince Lee Minho

Minho sat back and handed the parchment to Park Seong-hwa. "If you send one of your men with a flag of peace, they will take it from you. Please make sure they are not hurt."

"No offense, Prince Minho, but I'm more worried that your men will hurt ours," Park Seong-hwa took the paper and walked out of the room.

"So... I guess now you're stuck with us!" Captain San grinned. "That's good! Once you're better I can show you around. Our country is really beautiful, you know! We have lots of rivers and such around here, and they're very pretty."

"I don't doubt it!" Minho nodded. "But I'm afraid that I will have to return to my country as soon as I am well enough."

"But do you really?" Captain Jongho asked, raising his eyebrow. "Now that you are married to the king, you really don't have to do much, do you?"

Minho sat back and nodded. "I suppose you are right, but I have to see my family and take care of them and make sure they're okay."

"Whatever you wish, Prince Minho. But, as the King said,'' Lord Hongjoong grinned. "You're always welcome here! You are among friends!"

Minho hesitated, before bowing his head. "Thank you. I will... keep this in mind."

~oOo~

They had spotted the peace flag from a distance and closed in on it, spotting two men alone heading their direction.

General Jeon Jungkook had stopped their men and went out with Master Changbin, who had joined the search for Minho, to meet them while King Jisung and Prince Yongbok stayed behind. When they arrived back, they said that the men knew nothing of what had happened to their prince, and only carried a single note. Sent for Yongbok.

Yongbok quickly tore the envelope open and took out the paper inside.

The ink was not fully dry yet when he touched it, giving him hope. He looked down and read the letter out loud.

"Dear cousin Yongbok, I hit my head while riding Choon the Northern Kingdom's land. I was rescued by some of their men and am being rested and healed as I write this," he paused, before continuing. "There is nothing to worry about, and I will be fine soon. Please head home and perform our duties. And please express my apology to the now Han King for not being able to be at his crowning. I will return home soon and will see you then. Prince Lee Minho."

General Jeon sighed and shook his head. "From now on, he is not allowed to ride alone without someone else with him. First he got shot and now he hit his head while riding. I can't believe this."

"He didn't say anything about who is taking care of him though," Changbin murmured, gently taking the paper from Yongbok. "But whoever it is has fine brushes and ink, so I suppose he is having good care."

"I really can't believe him," Yongbok murmured under his breath. "I'll have to send a letter to his brother-" he paused. "Or maybe not..."

Jisung frowned. "And he did not say when he will be returning?"

"Only that it would be soon," the general answered. "Very vague if I may say so."

Jisung nodded. "Then if he is fine then we should do as he says. Minho is a smart man, I think he can take care of himself."

"You seem awfully sure," Yongbok muttered. "I'm not."

Changbin pulled Yongbok along with him. "Let's trust him for now and head back. If he isn't back in a week, we can send him a letter, how about that?"

Yongbok hesitated, but then nodded. "Fine, let's head back."

When they reached the palace again, the old masters were gathered in the throne room. Jisung had to rush straight there to meet them.

He sat down on his throne and stared down at the bowed men before him. "I hope it is important if you are bothering me the day of my crowning."

"First, please let us congratulate you, my king!" the leader of the Masters, Master Kim bowed low to the ground. "May you live a long, healthy life, my king!"

"May you live a long, healthy life, my king!" the rest of the masters followed, before sitting up.

"Yes, now what is it?" Jisung asked, impatient.

"There are more riots in the city," Master Kim murmured through his thin, white beard. "They citizens of this holy country will not rest until they see a woman on the throne!"

"Yes, well I just got married to a man by wish of the late king, so there is not much I can say about him sitting on the throne."

"That's just it, Your Majesty!" Captain Kim said in a hurry. "The agreement between kingdoms was that you and the youngest Prince Lee would marry, and that was the end of the agreement as it was written. It did not, however, say that he had to sit on the throne."

Jisung sat forward. "Then what are you suggesting?"

"The court is suggesting that you marry Lady Oh Hae-won and name her the Queen. She is a very good young woman from a good background. This way the agreement is still fulfilled and the people are happy."

Jisung looked over at Master Kang, who stood at his side, who nodded, saying that this was true, a possibility.

Jisung sighed, holding his head in one of his hands. "Do you truly think that this will make the country calm and peaceful once more?" Jisung asked, hating the uncertainty in his voice.

"We are sure, of course, Your Majesty!" Captain Kim bowed low to the ground one more, followed by the rest of the master murmuring the same thing as well.

Jisung could almost feel the regret boiling in his blood as he finally let out two sentences. "Fine then. Prepare the wedding and I will be there," before he stood up and walked off the throne platform. This was what he wanted. To marry a woman and have kids, and that was it.

Then... Why did he feel so bad?