✔ | 14 - 𝒀𝒐𝒖 𝑯𝒂𝒗𝒆 𝑻𝒐

Start from the beginning

"Oh honey," Kat slowly put one arm around her, then another when the Donovan girl started to calm down, "I can help you, Vic"

"She said that I need to feed." Vicki shakes, "What will happen if I don't?"

Kat couldn't miss that Vicki had referred to a she, but her first priority at the moment is to get Vicki to calm down and be somewhere safe. Kat sighs, swallowing the lump in her throat, "You have to, Vicki, trust me... Please" she pleads.

Kat couldn't imaging her dying, Vicki was her friend and she would get through this no matter what she would have to do. It was so simple wasn't it? When they say she would kill to protect her people, there was no lie.

"But I don't want this" Vicki sniffles, punching her lips close to hide the pain in her teeth.

"I know," Kat sighs, "I know... But it'll be okay. You're gonna be okay. I'll help you, everything could be fine..."

"Is it better?" she lifts her blood-red eyes to Kat, who was out of answers to offer. "Is it better? Will I be better?" Vicki sobs.

She clutches Kat's shirt tightly in her fists, hiccupping on her chest as she shook her head like a little girl throwing a tantrum, "I wanna go home. Please take me home!" 

Kat holds her close, whispering into the back of her head as she pulls her up, "I will. Come on, let's g—"

Boom boom boom.

The Gilbert girl falls down to damp earth with a scream following the gunshots when her torso burns. She had never been shot, of course not - she was just a young girl in a small town. Kat had heard somewhere that it hurt, but nothing had told her that it made one imagine their guts tearing open, every inch of her body blasting with pain. The pain became her new feeling of numbness, nothing being able to surpass the pain index a pesky little bullet had spiked up. Kat screams at the hole in her stomach, her misty eyes catching site of the person who shot her.

Logan Fell.

She always knew he was an asshole. But now he was an asshole with a gun.

Someone shouts from around the trees, followed by more gunshots and she another body falls beside her. Stefan hand squeeze hers with a guttural grunt as he heals. Odd enough, through all the numbness of pain, she feels her skin burn.

When Kat's mind recovers from the fog of the attack, she hears Logan's screams, making her crane her neck to his flailing form... in front of Damon. Damon drops the man to the ground with a bloody mouth, and struts to the people in pain lying incapacitated on the ground. They were healing but they were too struck to be strong.

Without warning, Damon digs his wiry fingers into Kat's clothed torso, painfully dragging the bullets out. She screams, trying to push him away, only to have him slap her hands back with a glare and drop the three bullets beside her.

Damon crawls towards his brother next and does the same, albeit with a sadistic smile as he observed the bullet he retrieved, "It's wood. They know. If anyone's gonna kill you, it's gonna be me. My ring." Damon demands.

Stefan helps Kat sit up, who digs her wrist to the ground. She had looped his ring through Stefan's bracelet. But something makes her give it up with a gulp. He slips it on with a triumphant glint in his eye and gets up, only to reveal Vicki slurping on Logan's exposed blood.

"No!" Stefan shouts as he takes a step towards the new vampire.

Blood smudged with dirt and black-red blood, she sobs "I'm sorry"

That's when she speeds away.