Alby was still occupied with the rest of the Gladers who were crowding around him and hounding him with questions. For once, it looked like too much for him to bear. Florence weaved her way through them and captured their attention with the way her face looked as though she was about to spill all of the details.

"What do you all want to know?"

Alby was actually grateful that she chose to step into his leadership role at that moment. His head was all over the place, a mixture of confusion and anger at the fact Gally had run out in the Maze, and what he really didn't need was a bunch of Gladers invading his personal space.

"Why did he run out there?"

Florence let out a dry laugh. "I couldn't tell you anything that goes on inside that boy's head. He must have gone insane."

"Are you going to throw Gally in the Slammer again?"

"Listen, I think this is enough to teach Gally - and all of you - that the Maze is serious. This is why we don't go out there. Gally could've been killed. We don't need to put him in the Slammer because I'm certain he won't pull that klunk again." 

Newt spoke up from the back of the crowds, causing everyone's heads to turn to him. Moving to reach Alby and Florence, he parted the Gladers like the Red Sea. He was a saviour in that moment; saving Alby from the stress of the Gladers, and allowing Florence to slip away to the Med hut.

Pushing open the door, she was welcomed into a surprisingly calm atmosphere. She didn't know what to expect in this particular scenario, but she didn't imagine Clint and Jeff reacting so naturally. It was almost unnerving. 

How many times had they done this before?

An empty serum syringe laid on the metal tray beside the bed, and Clint and Jeff had tied Gally's hands down to the bed to stop him from lashing out and hitting himself or anybody else. At the moment, he was lying still, however his breathing was rapid and uneven and his eyelids were flickering with Florence assuming that was the visions.

"How long will he be like this?"

She asked, not realising how worried her voice sounded. It was scary for her since she hadn't seen anyone endure the Changing before. How would she knew what it would be like?

"For up to about a week. We'll just have someone monitoring him during the day, he should be fine during the night." Clint told her, taking the empty syringe and putting it into the bin. He was acting as though everything was fine, and Florence couldn't understand it.

And so she volunteered to take the first shift.

This was the only time Gally would ever be this still in his life. Florence felt creepy for watching him, but she couldn't help how intrigued she was. She was longing to know exactly what was going on inside his head but of course she couldn't.

He would mumble every so often, unintelligible words, and no matter how had Florence tried to understand him, she couldn't. Clint and Jeff left to eat dinner, with the girl promising to join them soon, but of course it slipped from her mind.

Her back was to the entrance of the hut, and she was so invested in her focus on the bedbound boy that she didn't hear the person approaching her from behind. Minho placed a hand on her shoulder, making her jump out of her skin.

His lips turned up in a smile at the way she reacted, but then vanished as his eyes moved to Gally. His frown only grew more as he scanned the green veins on Gally's skin.

"It's not great, is it?"

He commented, and Florence rolled her eyes. Only then did she notice the plate of food in Minho's other hand, and she felt her heart quicken. He held it out to her and she took it gratefully, realising that she was actually rather hungry.