17. Sting like a Jellyfish

Start from the beginning

Dad brings out a bowl of surf and turf and we eat sitting in the hammocks. I grabbed the ukelele at some point and started singing my favorite song that Luke wrote. Long way home (A/N: Link up Above- Good Vibe Song). 

I woke up early the next morning with so many ideas for my surfboard. I went to work on it right away. Noticing Dad wasn't here I figured he had started his early morning fishing run. I felt the morning rays of sunshine hit my face as the sun came up. I had finally stripped the board of the top layer and started a white base layer. 

The rest of the morning consisted of me working on the surfboard and taking a quick dip in the sea by the bay of our backyard. The day past by quicker than I thought. After I caught a few waves, I came back to the empty house. I played ukelele on the hammock to past the time as I was trying to think of what design to start with the board. I wanted to start with a wave on the side of the board. I always thought that it looked cool on other surfer's boards back at home. It was a thing there. 

I didn't even realize the sound of the JJ's bike had come up to the house until I heard a knock on the door. Oh shit. I realize I'm not ready to go at all. I was still in a bikini from the surf earlier and my hair was still wet and smelled like salt. 

I ran up to the door to open it. Behind it was JJ, in a ripped up shirt and cargo shorts and a cap. He looks me up and down. 

"You uh

"You uh... ready to ride my bike in a bikini?" JJ chokes a laugh and I roll my eyes. 

"Just a second," I turn around to get ready as he walks in. I realize our house was a wreck with dirty dishes everywhere in the kitchen and our living room was filled with fishing gear dad often takes with him and various music sheets Luke left behind. Pictures of me surfing as a kid with my dad on various coffee tables. I grabbed a pair of shorts I left in the deck and pull them on, putting my hair in a bun. 

"What's this?" I hear JJ asks from the deck. I walk out to see him inspecting the surfboard with fresh paint on it and an outline of an unfinished wave. I laugh in embarrassment. 

"Just some worn out boards that we figured we could make some good use of," I say. I scurry around the deck for a pair of sandals. I turn to see him popping a seat in the hammocks and putting his hands behind his head, watching me. 

"Take a picture, it'll last longer," I smirk playfully. He just laughs. 

"We should hang out here more. This is a dope shack." He says, looking around at the whole place. "Is your dad here?" He asks. 

"Nope," Popping the 'p' as I found a good pair of sandals. 

"So, we're all alone here?" I roll my eyes. This kid is so confusing. One minute, we're kissing, the next we're fighting, the next we're friends. 

"You ready to go?" Ignoring his remark. 

He gets up from the hammock and walks towards me, stopping right in front of my face. I hold a breath. He reaches up and takes out my bun, making my damp hair fall to my shoulders. He did say he liked my hair down. He smiles and moves to the side to go to the bike. 

Having him so close I realized I hadn't even noticed the cut on his lip. I grab his arm and stop him. 

"JJ, what happened to your lip?" I ask. He just shrugs. 

"Don't worry about it," He sent me a smile and moved on to the front of the house. We got on the bike and began towards the chateau to meet everybody. JJ told me that John B had asked Sarah to bring one of her dad's boats so he had the HMS Pogue as a getaway boat. 

When we got to the chateau, Pope and Kiara were in the HMS Pogue waiting for us. 

"Where's John B?" Kie asked. 

"He uh, he got Sarah to let him use one of her father's boats so he's gonna meet us halfway," Pope says. 

"Is Sarah coming?" Kie asks. He shook his head. 

"No, he said something about a family photo they needed or take I think," Pope lied on the spot. I'm so proud, I would've stuttered and froze. 

As we rode the HMS Pogue to the meeting spot along the marsh, we could already see the boat John B was driving. It was massive in comparison to the HMS Pogue. Damn. 

We all boarded the boat. This was as much of the plan that I was told about so at this point I'm just going with the flow. 

"Hey guys, I need help over here!" I hear John B yell. We all follow in. Sarah is nowhere to be found. Kiara makes her way in.

"You guys are ridiculous," she mutters as she comes in finding that John B couldn't open the latch on the ground. I kneel down next to her and offer to help. It was then I heard a splash. I look behind me and see Pope, JJ, and John B swimming to the HMS Pogue. Oh shit. I'm part of the left-behind group. Kiara and I run out to the edge, out to jump into the water but it was too late, they had already started the HMS Pogue and began to drive away. We heard a faint yelling from behind as we see Sarah make her way from a locked corridor that Kiara herself had unlocked when John B was asking for help. Those sneaky bitches. 

"No way...Are you kidding me!" Kiara yells at the boat moving away from us. 

"There's a cooler full of beers and some food and JJ left you guys some joints a lighter in the cabin! We'll be back in the morning!" John B yells. 

Sarah, realizing what was happening, ran to the edge as well and stripped down to her bathing suit getting ready to jump. I grab her arm telling her to stop because it was too late. She ignored me and jumped int the waters below. She herself realized it was in vain and began to turn back to us. She screamed and I turn to look at her. She got stung by an f-ing jellyfish. Sarah cries as she looks down at the wound. Kiara rolls her eyes as Sarah cries out. I help the girl up into the boats and set her down. 

This is going to be a long night.