And now you're all alone and you've never felt more empty than ever before.

You wonder if Derek is fucking Meredith now?

You fall asleep, very late into the night, and still wondering.

When you wake up to your alarm you're happy you've at least gotten a few hours of shut-eye before the new dawn of the day begins.

You're glad that your workday mostly involves checking in on Julie after her TTTS surgery and being on-call for any additional emergencies.

It's light, for a workday but you know not to jinx it. You don't get to have Dr. Grey on your service today because you technically don't have a service because you're technically only part-time still.

Whatever. You're technically not even interested in Meredith Grey. Right?

You're up early enough to take a bath, but you don't because you don't want to get your sutures soaking wet.

So you just get ready and make your way to the hospital while you prepare for all the eventualities of what will happen when you do see your husband.

You park your car as you see the two... BoyfriendAndGirlfriend's? Arguing in front of the entryway.

Derek doesn't spy you when you first see him from your car talking to HER (Meredith).

He seems like he's trying to win her over again but she looks like she's pulling away.

"Good girl", you think you'll say to her if you get the chance to say that to her, in private.

You're not quite close enough to hear what they're saying, but you hear your name mentioned alongside Mark's so you know he's probably talking all about the cheating.

Of course, he's going to talk up your downsides to make you the adulterous slut.

Well, you are one.

Yeah, well so is he, isn't he...?

Doesn't that make Meredith also an adulterous whore?

She didn't know the difference, she's not a homewrecker by choice, it was an accident...

You try to shut up your own inner thought argument as you peer out the window some more.

Meredith is yelling something about a "plug," a "sink," and an "open drain," and you're wondering how all of that might have connected to your threesome-but-not situation because it seems pretty far from what you might have expected.

Years later, Meredith might tell you that had you been listening only a few minutes later, you would have heard her call you showing up being "all leggy and fabulous and telling her the truth yourself about your marriage with Derek," but you have no way of knowing that, now...

You park around the back without them noticing you and you walk into the hospital without an ounce of regret about not stopping to talk to the two of them, then.

You're surprised when you're paged to a patient room from the Chief of Surgery and you realize the page is from Richard Webber's hospital room.

Derek never told you he was operating on his mentor, but Derek never tells you anything ever, you think, so that's not at all the most surprising thing of this day.

"You called my wife?!" You hear Derek exclaim.

It's rather rude, you think, seeing as your husband took you in a scan room just yesterday.