When All Seems Lost

Start from the beginning

          "Not a cha-" Yusei's voice suddenly roared around the garage, shocking everyone around him, so he stopped, seeing how his friends were looking at him with confusion in their eyes, so he calmed himself down and lowered his voice, "Bruno is coming with us!" He was trying to find a good explanation for his sudden rage of emotions that reached the surface, "We need him!" He added, knowing it will probably not make Hanako believe him, but he said it regardless. Somehow watching her and Bruno together made him so uncomfortable and strange, giving him a hard time to focus and even recognise himself, as he tried to understand why and what was happening deep inside of him and why he couldn't keep his cool whenever he would see her growing closer relationships with other, new people.

"Fine!" Hanako rolled her eyes, not being able to hide dissatisfaction she was feeling because of Yusei's decision, "I'll be here if you need me... For whatever it will be this time!" She sighed, knowing there's nothing she can do about it without entering a fight with Yusei, so she just walked to her runner, getting back to her business, not minding what the guys were doing, because she didn't even want to know it, especially not now, when Yusei acted like he was her babysitter again, telling her what to do and what not to do.

*    *    *

          "Let's split into two groups!" Jack proposed to Crow, Bruno and Yusei, after they managed to capture Yeager in the Town Centre Mall, but he escaped them, and suddenly doubled himself, with one of them running to the left and the other to the right!

"Yeah!" Yusei nodded his head in agreement, so Jack rushed and turned the left corner with Crow following him, after Yusei ran through the right corner, so Bruno decided to keep it up.

          "Damn it!" Crow shouted, stopping the run, because he felt like his lungs were burning from the long running track Yeager made them run over, "We can't catch him!" He panted, trying to catch every single breath he possibly could, watching in front of himself, keeping his eyes locked on Yeager's figure approaching the bathroom door, "We got him!" He smirked with satisfaction in his voice, "He's going to the bathroom!"

"Hmph!" Jack said proudly, "We won this fight!"

          "Let's get him!" Crow shouted, running to the bathroom, but as soon as he pushed the door and entered inside with Jack following behind his back, there was no one inside, "He disappeared!?"

"Impossible!" Jack protested in disbelief, as he stepped inside few more inches, looking around the toilette, "He must have left some kind of a trace!"

          "You think?" Crow asked, as he started searching over the bathroom walls, sinks, toilettes, seeing a small car toy in one of the bathroom stalls, "Hey, look at this!" He said to Jack, picking up the car, knowing there is nothing more they can do.

"Any idea what that might be?"

          "No clue!" Crow answered, "But maybe we can go outside and check if Bruno and Yusei can help us!" Crow knew how Yeager probably ticked them, so he and Jack went outside the Mall to see if Yusei or Bruno had any lucky, but as soon as they reached their D-Wheels, Crow's eyes widened in surprise, when he realised how both Yusei's and Bruno's runners where nowhere to be see, "Looks like they figured out where Yeager is before we could!" Crow shrugged, shaking his head left and right, "Damn that Yusei. Why he always has to hang out with someone who has a brain like him?"

"Wait", Jack hissed angrily, "Are you saying I don't have a brain?!"

          "Well, not like his, you don't!" Crow said, teasing Jack's spirit, knowing it will make the rage come out of his burning soul.