Bonus Chapter 3

Time flew by quickly. Abdallah Enterprise expands more. They have opened two more branches across the country. Mr. Abdallah has nothing to say more than thanking Allah for making him successful and to his sons too who stood on their ground and made it more prominent. Their company is now on the list of top ten shipping companies in the world. Farah also played her part in the success of the company. She is now the managing director.

Work was hectic for Farah, as she came back, she slumped down on the couch feeling the pain in all her muscle. For the past two days, she isn't feeling her normal self. She thought of it as maybe it's due to work stress which is why she didn't go to the hospital. Closing her eyes, she decided to take a small nap.

Aunt Fatima who had been watching her every move knew there is something off with her. Her skin got thicker and fairer and she noticed how her eating increases.

Farah thought of taking a nap but end up taking an actual sleep. She heard her name being called.

"Wake up Farah," the voice said which she knew so well. Her eyelid felt heavy, she feels like sleeping more but with the way that someone is touching her, she has no choice than to wake up.

Opened her eyes slowly, she was met with Jawad's face a few inches from hers.

"I've been waking you up since," he said.

"How long did I sleep" A yawn escape her lips.

"I came back from work finding you here and Aunt Fatima told me you've been sleeping for the past two hours" Her eyes widen in surprise. So she slept for two good hours. "It seems you're very tired today" he added. She was about to stand up when her body went weak. Just in time, Jawad aided her up, feeling the heat radiating from her body.

"Are you okay? your body is hot" Concern laced in his voice. Hearing the silence from her tells him his wife is not okay. Jawad descend upstairs and came back with his car key.

"Let's go to the hospital" Helping her up, he ushered her to wear a jacket as it'll warm her up.

"Aunt we're going to the hospital, Farah is not feeling well" not waiting for her response, he walked pass her towards the entrance door. Aunt Fatima watched their disappearing figure, praying for their safety.

***
Jawad drove to the hospital at a normal speed, holding his wife with one hand and drove with the other.

They arrived at the hospital earlier than she expected. Jawad opened the door for her. She holds him by the arm as they glided inside.

"Good day sir, do you have an appointment," The receptionist said politely.

"I want to meet Doctor Martins and I don't need an appointment" They made their way inside without waiting for the woman to confirm the appointment. They met Doctor Martins which he told them he needs to run some tests of Farah. Jawad waited in the private lobby while Farah went away for a checkup.

"How did it go?" Jawad asked after she finishes the checkup.

"It went well. The doctor said it's all stress"

"Okay wait for me here, let me speak to him" he was about to leave when she stopped him. She knew if he meets the Doctor, her plans will be ruined.

"No need for that, let's just go home. I can't bear to spend another minute here."

"Just-"

"Please Jawad" he let out a sigh.

"Okay let's go" She did a little dance without him noticing as they made their way out.

**

How will she tell him now? After the doctor did some pregnancy test, it came out positive. words could not express how she felt after knowing there is a life growing in her. She placed her palms on the flat stomach thinking of a way to tell him. Suddenly an idea popped up in her head. She took the white paper and set it where Jawad will find it and then descend downstairs where she finds Aunt Fatima cutting fruits while Jawad is watching the TV. A smile made it way out of her lips. Perfect timing.

"Um...Jawad" She started. His head snapped towards her.

"Are you not supposed to be in bed resting?" He said focusing his attention on her.

"I saw a cockroach underneath the bed covers and you know I can't sleep while the cockroach is still in the room. Jawad let out a chuckle at her words.

"Really Farah. You're still afraid of cockroach" She made a puppy face which made his smile widen.

"Okay let me check" He kept the remote control on the side and took off to the room. Her lips twitch up. Her plans worked out. After about five minutes, she heard the shout of Jawad. So he found the result.

"Farah!" Descending down, he immediately embraces her in a bone-crushing hug.

"I can't believe it. Wait tell me, what I saw just now is it true? am I going to be a father?" he bombarded her with questions.

"Yes Jawad, you're going to be a father" Cupping her face he placed a kiss to her forehead. He can't believe it. He's going to become a father, He's going to hold his son or daughter and he/she will call him daddy.

"Alhamdulillah I'm so happy right now, this is the best gift I've ever received in my life" He kissed every part of her face. He was beyond happy. He feels like the happiest man on earth. Finally, they're going to be parents.

"Alhamdulillah,"  a voice said from behind them. Pulling apart a bit, Aunt Fatima was standing a few miles away from them with a smile on her face. She knew something is off with Farah.

"Aunt I'm going to be a father," Jawad said with a sense of enthusiasm.

"Alhamdulillah, we should thank Allah for this gift," She said happiness clearly visible on her face.

"Alhamdulillah," They both said. Aunt left the two. Jawad cupped Farah's face staring into her eyes. "I love you Farah and thank you for this gift" she stared back feeling herself lost in them. This is her husband, her life, the father of her kids.

••

Assalamu Alaikum,

How was the chapter? I wrote it in a rush so you might encounter some grammatical error.

This is the last bonus chapter 🙂

Thank you and don't forget to check out Myrah's story 'Starting all over'

••