Chapter 14

F A R A H

The morning rays of sunshine erupt through the window making me walk towards the window to take in the bright sunshine. I stood like that for 20mins before I sprinted off to the bathroom.

I took a hot shower to soothe my body, sleeping on the couch always leaves me with an aching body. taking out a simple sea green gown with a matching hijab, I applied hair cream which is almost finished I need to do some shopping later, I thought. and a little lip balm to prevent my lips from drying.

descending downstairs spotting Jawad dressed in a T-shirt and black pants, drinking a cup of Allah knows what coffee or tea. He looks more handsome in them, what are you thinking Farah. I mentally scold myself.

“Farah dear, I was just about to call you,” Aunt Fatima said. “Come sit”. she ushered, I took the seat opposite Jawad, who is busy eating his breakfast without sparing me a glance.

“Here” she placed a plate and a cup of hot tea in front of me.

“Thank you Aunt” she nodded in return smiling.

“Oh...I forgot to ask you, how was your trip yesterday? I went out for some grocery shopping so I didn't know when you came back.” So she didn't hear our conversation with Jawad.

“Alhamdulillah”. I felt Jawad gaze on me, the look on his face displays anger. My lips form a smirk remembering yesterday event. We heard the sound of the doorbell making Jawad avert his eyes from me.

“Let me get it”. Aunt Fatima said. An awkward silence fell on us.

“What did she mean by your trip?” He blurted out folding his arms across his chest.

“Oh, actually I went out for some refreshments yesterday,” I said sarcastically. He gave me an unsatisfied look, he was about to utter another word when some voice interrupts us.

“I miss you Aunt” I heard the unfamiliar voice said.

“I miss you too son. Did you come together with Myrah”

“No, but she's coming tomorrow, Insha Allah”

“Okay come let me introduce you to someone”

“Farah”.  Aunt called

“Come meet my son”. Son? I thought she doesn't have any child.

“Assalamu Alaikum”. The guy looks familiar, I feel like I've seen him somewhere but I couldn't pinpoint where

“Farah?” I watched him in confusion.

“Do you know me?”

“It's Khalid, we met at the park” Khalid? park? And that's when the puzzle clicks in.

“Khalid!” I point at him.

“I didn't know being busy involves roaming about and meeting people, ” Jawad said bitterly seriously I totally forgot about him.

“Oh come on bro, aren't you happy to see me.” Khalid pouted. Bro? I watched the two in confusion.

“Is Jawad your brother?” I asked.

“Yes,” he shrugged. He looks kinder than Jawad.

“But what are you doing here?” He asked.

“Actually...” Before I could answer him, aunt beat me to it.

“She's Jawad's wife”

“What!, so you're the lucky girl who got married to my brother”

“When I heard about him getting married, I was really surprised, because I know my brother he doesn't.....”

“Can't you keep quiet for once” Jawad cut him off.

“But bro you got a beautiful wife” I didn't miss the look on Jawad's face, rolling his eyes he turned walking upstairs.

“Myrah is coming tomorrow, so we're staying for a few days” Khalid yelled making him stopped amidst walk.

“What's wrong with where you're staying”

“The hotel is kind of boring, besides you have enough rooms for us to fit in.” A smirk form on his lips. Without saying anything Jawad sprinted upstairs.

**

“I swear Farah, you will get along with my wife” he exclaimed.

“So tell me how did you guys meet, and how did my hot-headed brother fell in love with you,” he said in one breath. Shit, what should I say?

“You know when...”

“Why are you interrogating my wife.” Thank you, Allah, for bringing Jawad to the rescue.

“I'm asking her how you two met, and how you fell in love with her, not a big deal” he answered. Khalid is really a cheerful guy.

He sat down beside me, close enough to make my heart faster.

“You want to know how we met?” He looked directly into my eyes making a small smile. I know it's all for show.

“It was a beautiful day....” I stared at his alluring eyes, losing myself in them; He stared at me, something in his eyes bothers me, I couldn't pinpoint guilt, pain. The surroundings didn't matter, I want to be close to him but something is pulling me back. Ya illahi where is this coming from now Farah.

“Ehem” we heard the clearing of voice we pulled apart immediately. I moved back adjusting my hijab.

“Oh, can't get enough of each other huh?” I felt my cheeks heating up. What is wrong with me, this is all for show don't fall for it.

“Excuse me.” I ran upstairs feeling embarrassed. placing my hands on my chest feeling my heart beating fast, did he feels it too. I sat close to the window pulling out my novel, I need to take things off my head. I heard the click of the door opening, Jawad standing tall in his glory, seeing him like this makes me nervous.

“I need to talk to you about something, ” he said sitting down farther away from me. keeping the book on the side table, I focused my attention on him without looking at him.

“Since Khalid is here and he's staying for a few days we have to do something; I don't want Khalid to know about our situation. And his wife Myrah, if she comes to know nothing is between us she will tell my parent which will not be good for both of us”. He said clenching his jaw. As if he cares.

“So what do you want us to do?” I asked not having the strength to hear his fake confessions.

“I want us to act as couples in love”

**

So how was the chapter?
Farah and Jawad are going to act as couples in love, will they really succeed or will it turn to something else?

Comment down your thought.

See you next time😘