Chapter Eleven

Começar do início

Kendra helped her pack all her stuff and they hugged and said their goodbyes. Uki made her way down the driveway and into the car.

****
"Babe," Uki whispered, listening to the car tires running against the asphalt, "can we go to the museum?" 

"The museum is closed Uki, it's eight o' clock at night." He said. 

She slowly turned her head and looked at him, "Please?"

French sighed out loud and barely nodded his head in response. "Okay Uki," not to sound like he was annoyed with her he picked her hand up and kissed it. He knew one of the security guards that worked there and French would throw him a $1000 to roam around for an hour. He'd turned the cameras off so no one would know people were still in there. 

Security usually left three hours after everyone else because they had to stay behind to check every nook and cranny of the building to make sure people still weren't inside. That took a while so French figured the guy was still there or probably getting ready to leave. Instead of driving there and giving him a chance to be gone, he pulled out his phone and called first. The phone rang all of three times before Hank answered.

"French?" He asked. They hadn't spoken in a while but he recognized the number. 

"Yeah, you at work?"

"Literally getting ready to walk out the door now. I'm the last person here."

"Can you stay behind for an extra hour? I know you wanna go home but I got a grand if you let me and my girl in. The time will fly like that."

Hank chewed on his bottom lip on the other end. He honestly just wanted to go home. His job was usually smooth sailing but today was a rough day. He got cursed out by two different people and had to break up a fist fight between a woman who left her child unattended and a woman who felt the need to confront her about it.

He made decent money as a security guard, but a thousand dollars was a lot of money, too. He always took French up on his offer so this time should be no different. Last time he threw it toward utility and bills. This time he could use it to splurge, put it toward rent, put it in his bank or do whatever it was he had to do. He didn't have work tomorrow anyway so an extra hour wouldn't hurt his sleeping schedule. 

"Okay man I got you. Same way, through the back door. I'm turning off all the cameras now."

"You're a lifesaver, thanks Hank." French hung up and held Uki's hand the whole way there.

They frequented many museums but the Natural History Museum of Los Angeles county was her favorite. She went all the time and loved going back to the same place as if she hadn't already explored everything they had to offer. Something about it was just peaceful to her.

It was a forty minute drive from where they were but French made it a twenty minute ride when he went ninety miles per hour through the streets. He parked up the block and fetched Uki on his back. She got tired and fatigued extremely fast and he didn't need her passing out.

Slyly they made their way to the back of the building and as promised the door was open. They got inside and were greeted by Hank. He made the perfect guard. The man was 38, dark skin and bald but stood six foot six and two hundred eighty pounds. He could pick a grown man up with by the neck with one hand and toss him out a window.

"Whassup," French said slapping the rolled up stack in his hand. He always walked with large amounts of money on him. He was a cash, not a credit card guy.

"One hour, don't get lost." Hank said as if they hadn't done this over a dozen times.

With Uki on his back, they walked around the museum, looking at all the artifacts or pictures on the wall with the plaques under them that gave history on what the picture was about. The lights were on because the cameras were off. It was like their own private tour.