Chapter 28: Dawn of a New Life

"Asriel," I heard as I was sleeping peacefully, "Wake up. It's all just a bad dream." I woke up and saw Human Mom sitting beside. I was on the floor of the throne room, which had returned to its original state.

"Mom?" I said, still a bit sleepy, "Where is everybody?"

"They're outside watching the sunset," she answered, "I decided to wait here for you. Come now. We must join them." She lend out her hand to me. I held it and pulled myself up. We held hands like mother and child as we walked through what used to be the barrier. On the other side was a clifftop with a prefect view of Onett, my hometown. The others were standing there, amazed by how beautiful the sunset was.

"Uh, howdy," I said. The others turned around and Chara ran over to embrace me.

"You're okay," she said. I could feel her tears of joy dripping on my shirt.

"Yep," I said, hugging her back.

"I always knew you would set us free," she said, "Thanks for doing that."

"You're welcome," I responded, "Let's go watch the rest of the sunset." Chara, Human Mom and I walked over to the cliff. I took a seat over the ledge and let my legs dangle. Henry and Chara sat down on either side of me.

"It's been many years since I've seen a sunset," Henry told me, "I'm glad I get to see it again."

"You know what," Lucas said with enthusiasm, "It's a new beginning for us humans. I'm gonna go say hello to all my new monster friends! See you later, little brother!" He then ran off.

"Uh, wait for me, Lucas," Ness said as he proceeded to follow him.

"I'm gonna go see if anyone's hiring for a job as a police officer," Kumatora said.

"I'll go find some job as a scientist," Jeff added. Then, they both left. Flint looked at Human Mom nervously. Human Mom did not return the favor, and simply looked away.

"I'm just gonna go," Flint said, "See you never, I guess." He walked away, leaving the rest of us here. It was just me, Chara, Henry, and Human Mom.

"As your new guardian, I'm required to be by your side from now on," Henry told me, "That is the way of the Star Fairy." I got up from off the ledge, and Chara and Henry followed. Hinawa looked into my eyes.

"So, you made it," she said, "I was wondering, would you like to live with me? It's been so long since I've had a child your age. Lucas is nice and all. I'm sure he'd be an excellent big brother for you." I saw her eyes begin to widen.

"Here's the thing," I began, "I already have parents that love me. But if it makes you happy, I suppose we can go back and forth. Like maybe I spend a week at your place and then a week at my parents. I want to stay with you, but I also want to see my parents. You are my human mom, after all." Human Mom began to cry tears of joy.

"Oh, thank you," she said as she hugged me, "I promise I will take good care of you. Now, let's go find your real parents. Want me to carry you?"

"Sure," I said. Then, Human Mom picked me up and held me in her arms. She carried me over to where my house was, with a little help from me. She then put me down in front of my doorstep.

"You must do this part yourself," she told me, "Go now and see your parents again. I love you."

"I love you too," I said. Human Mom, Chara and Henry ran over behind the other houses.

The sun had finished setting. Night was here. I took a deep breath in, and knocked on the door. I heard footsteps from inside from the house. Then, the door opened. I saw my mom and dad standing there.

"Mom? Dad?" I said softly. Tears flowed through their eyes as they both hugged me. I began to cry as well.

"We missed you so much," My mom said, "Don't ever leave us again."

"I'm sorry," I said, "I shouldn't have left. I just wanted to find my friend."

"It's okay," my dad said, "What's important now is that you're here." They both let go of me.

"Come inside," Mom said, "I have some leftover pie you can eat. But then, you need to get ready for bed."

"Okay," I said. Then, I walked inside the house, closing the door behind me.

I made it. I freed everyone from Mt. Ebott, I made new friends, and I brought a fresh start to the world. I hope things will work out perfectly for us. I don't want anything bad to happen to the people I love.

After I finished my pie, I got all ready for bed and lay down on my bed. I gently closed my eyes, dreaming of all the new possibilities this new world can have. 

This was the beginning of a new era. An era where humans and monsters can live in peace.

Forever.

THE END