Chapter 9: Waterfall

The walls were dark blue and had little crystals in them. I heard flowing water as we walked down the dark hallways. We stopped at a waterfall. Chara wanted to show me something.

"There's something behind here," she told us, "Let me go grab it real quick." She ran under the waterfall, and came back with a tutu in her hands. She was soaking wet.

"I found this tutu one time when I was walking around here," she explained, "I think it came from above on the surface, because our tutus don't look this pink." She handed me the tutu. It was a little moist.

"Try it on," Chara said, "I think you would look cute in it."

"But I'm a boy," I clarified.

"Please?" Chara said.

"Oh, okay," I replied. I put on the wet tutu over my pants, and then I saw sparkles in Chara's eyes.

"Oh my gosh, you are adorable!" she said. I began to blush.

"You think so?" I asked, "Does it look pretty?" Chara nodded her head.

"Can I take it off now?" I continued, "It's a bit wet."

"Sure," Chara said, "I just wanted to see how you would look." I took the tutu off, and handed it back to Chara. She took the tutu, and threw it through the waterfall. 

"Let's keep going," she told us, "Kumatora should be nearby." We continued walking.

"Oh man," Ninten said, "I am so excited to see Kumatora. She's so cool. She beats up all the bad guys. I wanna grow up to be like her someday."

"Maybe if you wish hard enough, you will," I told him. We kept walking, until we got into some tall grass. I heard metal footsteps from above. And then, I heard Lucas's voice.

"Princess, err... Captain Kumatora," he began, "We, well... I, have found a monster. Did I capture him? Well, no. He was just too cute. He was like a little brother to me. And he doesn't seem dangerous at all. Perhaps if you met him, you wouldn't want to hurt him either." I heard Lucas walk away. As the others and I were about to continue walking, we ruffled through the bushes. This must've alerted Kumatora, because I heard metal footsteps coming closer to us. Then I saw her on the cliff above us. She was wearing knight armor and a helmet. I was terrified that she would see us, and then kill me. But instead, she just vanished. We were safe to continue walking. 

"Wow! Did you see her?!" Ninten said with enthusiasm, "Man, I have go to get a closer look! I'll go ahead!" He started to run, but then stopped, and started breathing heavily. 

"Ninten!" Chara shouted, "Your inhaler!" Ninten grabbed an inhaler from his pocket, and started to breathe through it. 

"Thanks," he said, "I feel much better now. I think I'll stop running for now."

"Good idea," Chara said. We moved forward. Our first obstacle were these bridge seed puzzles. We had to make a bridge on the water pond. Each of us grabbed one, and then slid it across the water. It formed a little bridge for us to cross. We walked along it and then encountered this weird long-haired muscular man wearing a swimsuit. He noticed me.

"Why, if it isn't some little kids," he said, "Have you come here to flex on me?" Chara looked confused.

"Um, no," she said, "We came here to see Kumatora."

"Is that a monster you have with you?" the man asked, "I'm afraid I can't let you pass, unless you flex harder than me. The name's Aaron, by the way. Now it's time to flex!" He flexed his arm, showing off his biceps. I tried to do the same, but being a small goat child, I wasn't able to have as much of an effect as him.

"My," he said, "I do appreciate the effort. But try harder!" I flexed harder. Still not much.

"Nah," he said, "HARDER!" I flexed as hard as I could, and then Aaron sort of just left. I was super confused the whole time.

"Who was that?" I asked.

"That's just Aaron," Chara answered, "He likes to flex."

"Oh," I said. As we went into the next room, I saw blue luminous flowers everywhere.

"Wow," I said, "These are pretty flowers."

"Wow, these are pretty flowers," the flowers repeated. I giggled a bit.

"These are echo flowers," Chara explained, "They can repeat anything you say to them. Watch." She walked up to an echo flower.

"I think Asriel is super cute," she told it.

"I think Asriel is super cute," the flower repeated. I started to blush.

"Hey," Ninten said, "There's a telescope over here." He went over to it, and looked through it.

"Wow," he said, "This is pretty. Come on! Come take a look!" Chara and I rushed over to the telescope. Ninten let me use the telescope first. As I look through it, I see beautiful glowing things that look like the stars in the sky. I move it over to some bright spot, and I see some words.

Check wall, the words say.

"Check wall?" I said. I walked away from the telescope and looked around the room. It appeared that we were surrounded by walls with the only way to leave was through the entrance. I walk over to a lone, isolated wall, and I placed my hand on it. An exit magically appeared out of nowhere.

"Oh," I said. Chara and Ninten walked over to me.

"So that's how we leave," Chara said, "I don't know why I didn't think of that before. Let's head in." We walked through the mysterious exit.

The next room seemed a bit too quiet. The overwhelmed silence worried me. We continued walking, until we saw Kumatora, standing on another path across from us. She summoned some spears, and then tried to throw them at me. She missed, but that would've been it for me.

"Run!" Chara shouted, "I can try to block the spears with PSI Shield." We ran as fast as we could. Chara used some magic to make a protective shield around us. Eventually, we ran into another field of tall grass. Kumatora came marching up to us and used her hand to grab me. However, she grabbed Ninten instead. She placed him back down, and walked away. When the coast was clear, we got out of the tall grass. Chara and I were terrified, but Ninten was thrilled.

"Wow!" he said, "Kumatora touched me! I'm never washing myself again!"

Gross, the voice said.

"I'm glad that's over," Chara said, "If she were to get you, you would've been dead."

"There has to be someway to tell her that I'm good," I said, "That I won't hurt anyone."

We moved on. I saw another one of those glowing light things and went over to examine it.

Knowing that Chara saved you life with her PSI, it fills you with courage.