Right then it was so normal.

"I told Alice that she didn't need to decorate, however she insisted." Of course she did, Alice was all about going over the top. Charlotte wouldn't have her any other way though.

She had always wanted a sister, someone she could depend on when she had no one else. She had always felt like a burden to her mother because she had much more pressing matters with the hospital. Thankfully Alice and Rosalie had become her sisters, and she loved them just slightly less than Edward.

Of course Isabella and Angela were like her sisters too, but in a different way to the Cullen girls. Only because Charlotte felt like she couldn't call them the closest people to her when she was keeping such a big secret from them.

And although Jasper had tried to be distant from Charlotte she'd managed to weasel her way into his heart. He was determined not to get too close to her, however she had made it seem impossible. He had accepted her as part of the family. Emmett had done the same, he didn't take much convincing though.

Meanwhile Esme and Carlisle had viewed Charlotte as a daughter the first time they met her. She had made their sons life complete, he finally enjoyed the life he was living. And for that they could never thank her enough.

"You're here!" Alice appeared at the top of the stairs, grabbing Charlotte's hand to take into the party.

Words evaded her once she saw it, it was far too over the top. But it warmed her heart. No one had done anything as kind for her before, it was something so simple, but so touching. These vampires who had no real obligation to her had gone so out of their way to make a normal human girl feel so special.

"I'm sorry about all of this. We tried to reign Alice in."

"If that were even possible." Esme pulled the girl into a hug, "Happy birthday Charlotte."

"Dating an older woman, huh?" Emmett remarked to Edward who just shook his head in reply.

Charlotte didn't happen to hear the comment as she was too busy watching Alice pass Rose a present. "You first Rosalie."

"It's a necklace."

Even though she seemed less than interested Charlotte pulled her into a hug, thanking her for the gift. It was still a bit tense between the two, but Charlotte would do everything she could to make that go away.

"This ones from Emmett." Charlotte shook the light box, not hearing anything moving inside it.

"I already dropped it off at your house." She had a feeling that she knew exactly what Emmett was talking about, they'd discussed cars the last time Charlotte was over, but she had never expected him to do anything about her complaining that she didn't have one.

"You didn't?!"

"I think you'll find, Red, I did!" He shouted back at her. She started to run over to jump into the boys arms. Emmett had finally won himself some more points in her mental competition over who was her ultimate best friend.

So far it went;

Isabella- xxxx (four)
Angela- xxxxxxx (seven)
Jasper- xxx (three)
Emmett- xxxxxx (six)