Chapter 29

Sierra's POV
I stepped into work on Monday, feeling some sort of confidence take over me.

Bella's present was neatly worn around my neck, it was a dainty necklace with a gemstone on it. I had to come in late today because I stopped by Mr. Collins place to get some files. Gabriel was aware of it as he was the one who handed me that assignment on Sunday. But what I wasn't aware of was the shock waiting for me in his office when I stepped in.

"Good morning Sir, I have the files with me. I'll just drop them of and get you some coffee." I greeted him sincerely. He was seated on his desk,busy with some work on his laptop. On hearing my voice he raised his head up and replied to my greeting.

"Good morning, Miss. Hughes. I already brewer myself some coffee you don't have to bother."

"Okay Sir. I'll just drop these here." I walked towards his table and dropped the files on his desk, turned on my feet and was about to walk towards his door when someone came out of his restroom and immediately he spoke, I recognized that voice just like it was yesterday.

"Hey man, for a small company they really have good taste." Luca's voice boomed while he was stepping out of the restroom. He stopped in his tracks when he saw me too. I was so taken aback that my eyes wanted to pop out of its sockets. I definitely knew Luca was in New York but I never expected him to come with Gabriel to work, not today, not ever. What was I going to do now everything I've been trying to hide would definitely come out today. What was I going to Alexis, she would definitely kill me.

We stayed like that for a while and I couldn't honestly process what was going through his head. I decided to just play it cool and normal like nothing out of the ordinary was happening.

"Uhhmmm Good morning Sir, you must be a colleague of Mr. Giovanni?" I stretched out my hands towards him.

"I'm Mr. Giovannis P.A here, Miss. Sierra Hughes."

At this point I wasn't facing Gabriel so I couldn't see what his facial expression was like, if he even cared about the both of us standing uselessly in the middle of his office doing God knows what.

After introducing myself to Luca he had some kind of expression on his face, one of utter confusion but I could see he was trying his best not to show it off.

"Woah bro, you didn't tell me your P.A was gorgeous." Urghhhhh, typical Luca.

"I'm Luca Moretti, your boss' bestfriend. But we're more like brothers." I gave him a faint smile afterwards.

"Miss. Hughes" I immediately turned around when I heard Gabriel call my name.

"What are you doing ? You have work to do, we still have to get things done here before we leave Florida on Thursday, so get back to work and don't mind that guy he's crazy."

All I could do was nod, I guess Gabriel didn't notice our exchange of looks, he looked quite unaware. It was probably because he was troubled with work and I didn't want to waste anymore time being in that awkward atmosphere, I quickly walked out of his office, sparing Luca a look from my peripheral vision.

I was so happy to be out of there but at the same time, I was scared and curious. What conversation would they have in there? Was my secret finally out?

Not much time had passed when I saw Luca walk out of Gabriel's office. I tried to act like I was busy but the more I looked into my computer, the closer he got to where I was on my desk.

"Sierra" Luca called out my name. I slowly looked up at him, cursing myself for working here.

I decided to go with my act, there was no harm right? Maybe he had not deciphered it. Sometimes Sierra I wonder how you're connected to me, my subconscious rang.