IV

"This is the third time I'm telling you to keep your head up, Princess"

I looked up and saw a pair of mesmerizing chestnut brown eyes that could swallow my soul. My eyes travelled to his defined face to his smiling lips. He's wearing a black polo with few loose buttons, and paired it with tight golden beige pants and black loafers.

'So handsome...'

I didn't realize that I was staring at him for so long until he chuckled. I could feel red kissed my cheeks and immediately looked down.

This is so awkward and embarrassing at the same time. I do not know what to say.

He let out a 'hmm' and said, "Okay, so what are you going to do now?"

I did not answer him and just kept looking down. I have to meet a man like him in this kind of situation. Lord, whyyy?

"It's okay, you don't have to answer me now, but you have two choices: first, stay here and go out on your own with the swarm outside or second, come with me." He added. What is he seriously thinking? He's a stranger and he approached me just like that. How can I even trust him?

"I'm a stranger yes I know, but I need you to trust me on this, Princess. I'm not a bad person" He said. Shit, did he just read my mind?

"And I do not read minds" I looked up to him with a raised eyebrows but he just chuckled.

He presented me his left hand, "Make a decision now, Princess"

Suddenly, my hand moved on its own and touched his hands. I did not realize this up until now but I feel like my brain coordinated with my heart saying to trust him.

"Covers" He ordered to someone I can't clearly see.

The moment our hands fully touch, he immediately surrounded my body with the warmest blanket I had touched or is it just because he's holding me. When I stood up with his help, I realized I had forgotten what happened earlier after he talked to me, like he's making me feel safe.

He hugged me and I felt warm for the first time. I had never felt this way towards Arthur. He's more like a prince to me who'll keep me safe while Arthur was the chic kind of boy that every girl in their teens wants.

At that time, I only know that I am walking with the most handsome stranger you'd meet and not knowing where we are headed.

I hear sounds of cars and doors opening and now I know that I'm in the building's parking lot.

"Get inside, princess" He said and I immediately followed him.

"Careful" He added then got inside after me.

I heard the front seat's door open and someone which I guess is the driver got in. "Where now, sir?" I heard him said.

"Casa" He simply said and the driver said, "Yes"

Casa? What's that? Shit, is that some kind of jail? Shit, what are they gonna do with me?

I was busy panicking until my phone rang. Oh, I didn't notice that I brought it with me. I said a sorry to the man and picked up the phone.

"PAATRICIAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!-" I held the phone away from my ears as I heard a very familiar voice- it's Mion.

"IT'S MEEEEEEE YOUR EVER SUPPORTIVE AND INNOCENT FRIEND, ELLAAA" Another familiar voice shouted through the phone.

"Alam mo ba Pattyy, lagot ka kay Mion kasi nabalitaan niya ang lahat ng nangyari pero ano ba talaga ang nangyari sa inyo ni Arthur? Ang alam lang naming eh yung kinuha niya yung company mo. Kanina pa siya nagrarant eh, alam mo naman siya ayaw na ayaw niya kay Arthur" Ella said. Yeah, I remember how much Mion hated Arthur before we got into a relationship. She'd always tell me not to be with him because she feels something wrong but I didn't listen to her and now I wish I did.

"By the way Patty, nandito rin si Vanny-" Looks like the gang is together.

"HOY PATRICIA CAMIZA CHUA LAGOT KA TALAGA SAKIN, HOY SINO NAMAN YUNG HAMPASLUMPANG BABAE NA KASAMA NI ARTHUR-" I heard Mion shouting from the background but was 'shh-ed' by Ella.

"'eto Vanny say hi kay Patty" Ella said.

"Hi" Vanny simply said. She's always like that, talks less and think more but sometimes she could be very talkative.

"There you go Patty, so what happened to you?" Ella questioned. It's great that she's easy to talk to unlike Mion who destroys your eardrum before listening.

I told her the story since the day after our marriage until the last part which is now.

"OMG PATTY! Why did you walked out late at night plus bahay mo 'yon diba?? You should have called us so that we can fetch you—" Ella suddenly got cut off and there can here Mion quarrelling her.

"HOY PATRICIA CAMIZA CHUA, HOW DARE YOU DROP MY CALL EARLIER, PLUS WHAT WERE YOU THINKING?! MAGWAWALK-OUT KA SA SARILI MONG BAHAY? PLUS IF YOU WERE GONNA DO THAT THEN YOU SHOULD HAVE CALLED US-" She literally just repeated what Ella said.

"-HOY PATRICIA CAMIZA CHUA! ARE YOU EVEN LISTENING?!"

"Oo Mion" I said. Once she starts, there's no stopping her.

"OH ANO NA NGAYON? SABI MO NOON 'Don't worry, Arthur will be a good husband' HAH! I SHOULD HAVE STOPPED YOU AT THE WEDDING, LOOK AT YOU NOW! SUCH A DAMSEL IN DISTRESS AT MAGPASALAMAT KA NALANG NA MAY TUMULONG SA'YO AT HINDI SIYA RAPIST!" My ears started to hurt.

The man beside me suddenly laughed. "DYOS KO, PATRICIA CAMIZA CHUA! DID I HEARD THAT RIGHT? WHO ARE YOU WITH? ARE YOU WITH SOME STRANGER? DYAN KA MAGALING EH SASAMA KAHIT KANINO AND MAGTITIWALA KAHIT KANINO. ANO NANG SUSUNOD? MABABALITAAN NAMIN NA KINUHAAN KANA NG LAMANG LOOB? ALAM MO MAGKAPAREHA KAYO NI VANNY EH-" She got cut off suddenly and my phone turned black.

I forgot to charge it. Wait- I didn't even charged it.

"You got some energetic friends there, princess" Him calling me princess makes my insides turn.

'ANO NANG SUSUNOD? MABABALITAAN NAMIN NA KINUHAAN KANA NG LAMANG LOOB?' Mion's words echoed in my mind and I suddenly turned to the man.

He chuckled again, "Don't worry, I said I'm not bad man" I let out a sigh of relief.

'DYAN KA MAGALING EH SASAMA KAHIT KANINO AND MAGTITIWALA KAHIT KANINO' And again- Mion's words echoed in my mind then I turned to him again.

"I forgot to introduce myself, here's my card" He gave me a business card. Who introduces themselves like this? How stupid.

My eyes directly ran to his name skipping all of the information written.

'Vance Lawrence De Almeida'

Huh? De Almeida? It sounds so familiar.

I kept on thinking where I've heard this name until it suddenly clicked to me when I saw a sign "Hacienda De Almeida" outside the car as we passed a long route surrounded by wide fields with a very huge house at the end. It's so huge that I could see it from here.

WHAT THE HELL!

"No no no no no no no no no no no" I muttered.

I started to panic; I mean who else wouldn't when you're in the same car with a De Almeida. Much worse is that it's Lawrence De Almeida! The most despicable haciendero!