II

No

I widened my eyes as I saw a very familiar face. I was stunned; my whole body was frozen to the spot. I couldn't believe the sight in front of me. My heart raced faster that I feel like I'm about to lose consciousness as my heart gasp for air.

No

"Who the hell-" The woman who is very familiar to me spoke up but stopped immediately and touched the man's shoulders.

The man who was facing her now turned around and the moment I saw those brown eyes, I felt tears formed my eyes once again threatening to fall. Everything I see became blurry until I felt hot tears on my cheeks.

"What-" He turned his head towards me as his eyes widened.

My hand became loose as the giftbox with the watch inside that I excitedly bought for him touched the floor.

"Honey- wait- I can explain" He pushed the woman on top of him.

"A-arthur..?" I finally got the voice to speak. I felt thousand needles pierce inside me

He stood up and took few steps towards me.

No

This can't be.

I tried to deny this scene, I blinked a lot of times but it ends up showing the same sight. But still, I was praying that this would turn to be a dream that I would wake up and everything would be fine.

But this is a nightmare from reality.

"Honey.." He took more steps towards me.

"N-no.." I took steps backward as I shake my head sideways.

The woman with him stood up. Her mouth curved as she gave me a smile.

Anger and pain bubbled inside me as I was reminded of the situation I am in right now.

Zoe

I know her, she is my childhood friend. She's Zoe Ramoz, we've been friends since 5. She transferred to our neighbourhood when I was four, but she was a shy type kid. She never socialized with other kids until I knocked on their door to play. We've never really been that close when high school started because we have different taste. She was more of a book-loving-girl, while I was a let's-go-out girl.

So why?

She wasn't the type to do this

Why?

"Honey... listen to me first..." I turned my head back to Arthur.

I looked at his eyes to see if there are any signs of sorry, but there was only one emotion I could see that surprised me even more. It was the eyes of a person whose evil schemes got caught.

"Listen?" I spoke as my voice sounded a bit raspy.

"But we just.." He spoke.

"There's no other explanation of this, Arthur. And you just what? acting? what are you, actor and actress? Filming a movie scene mouthing each other like there's no tomorrow?" I added.

"But ho-" He said, but I cut him off.

"Do you expect me to listen and believe words that'll come out of your mouth?"

"It wouldn't hurt to listen, Pat.." My so kind and goody goody childhood friend finally opened that mouth of hers.

"And it wouldn't hurt you to shut your mouth, unless you want me to shut it for you" I snapped at her.