S E V E N T Y - T H R E E

Start from the beginning

All of them nodded.

"Good. I'll leave you guys then. Linus will informed who will stay or go after this."

Y/n went to the office where Linus and Heidilous stayed. In the middle, there's a practise dummy. Heidilous panted, as he was finished showing his spells to Linus.

She went beside him. Linus' eyes was fixated on his clipboard. Reading the news and report form their own group. Their organization was split into five platoons: the alpha, bravo, charlie, delta, and lastly, echo.

Today, it could be more than five. The echo reported that there is a new attack in Edinburgh whilst the charlie reported they have captured a couple of death eaters. Alpha, bravo, and delta were still on the move, looking for new information.

"Hey, I need to go now," said y/n.

"Where are you going?"

"To Draco's."

Linus raised his brows. He liked Draco for y/n, but sometimes he was a bit off.

Okay not sometimes, always.

"Be safe, okay?" said Linus. Y/n nodded and smiled. "There's two meaning behind that: be safe from the outside world and be safe from gettin-"

"Don't continue that word for me or else I'll kill you myself," y/n puts her hand on her waist, attempting to be serious but she couldn't help herself from laughing.

"Oh don't act like you're innocent!" grinned Linus. Before he could say another word, y/n held the port key and made her way to the Malfoy Manor.

The street was gloomy as the sky and quiet as a mouse. Not even a whisper of the wind is heard. No singing birds, no children laughing on the streets- it was lifeless.

It felt walking toward to death.

The gate opened itself as she stepped inside. The cold breeze prickled on her skin, chills went to her spine. It seems no one is here- or that's what she thought. Draco stood in front of her, smiling weakly.

It felt like she haven't seen Draco for awhile even though they meet up all the time at midnight under the stars, admiring and talking about their life after the war.

She hugged him and he hugged back. It's almost like saying goodbye- but it isn't.

They spent their time with each other wisely.

Y/n examined his face. He's exhausted. The slight crease on his forehead is showing and under his eye has deepened and darkened.

He's not the same Draco anymore.

He's not the same Draco she knew back in her third year.

He's tired. Extremely tired.

"Are you okay?" she asked, cupping both cheeks of Draco. He sighed and looked away.

"I'm fine." I'm not okay.

He smiled at her. Draco heard that smiling is good for everyone but he laughed at it. It was a stupid joke, he said. If only smiling is the best way to solve a problem then everything would be fine by now. If only.

Y/n furrowed her brow. She knew that he was lying. His finger twitched and his lips slightly parted. It was one of his mannerism when it comes to lying. He's very good at hiding his emotion, but for her, she isn't easily fooled.

They walked inside. She was right. The Malfoy Manor is empty except her and Draco. He led y/n to the kitchen, offering her a glass of pumpkin juice. She sat on the stool, as she watched Draco poured the drink in her cup.