T W E N T Y - N I N E

She woke up, feeling someone shaking her up. Her eyes fluttered opened and saw Hermione's face was an inch closer to her. She shot up straight and stretch her arms and then she let out a groggy yawn. Hermione told y/n to get up quickly since the feast is about to start any minute now. Y/n wouldn't be late if she haven't been over thinking about the dance.

As she was fixing her gryffindor tie, y/n asked Hermione and the girls about what event will happen this month. When y/n asked that, all of the girls began to squeal and started rambling about the dance which she doesn't understand because all of them were talking way to fast.

"What they're trying to say is that the yule ball will come up next," Ginny told her.

"And why all of you are hyped about it?"

"It's because, you'll have a date! And who knows maybe your crush will ask you out," Ginny wiggled her brows and nudge Hermione, in which her body tensed up. Y/n saw this and mentally laugh to herself.

Oh Hermione.

"Oh um.. We'll go now," Hermione informed everyone and went outside with y/n.

As they were both walking through the halls, y/n couldn't handle to herself right and so, she kept on laughing and laughing, until it annoyed Hermione so much that she wanted to leave best friend right there.

"Way to go on 'playing it safe' Mione," y/n quoted the words of Hermione last night.

"Sod off, y/n,"

Y/n gasped and stopped her from walking by using her arm, "Oh merlin! You just sound like him!" and with that Hermione rolled her eyes and let y/n continued her laughing session.

"Okay, okay, I'll stop now," y/n told her as she wiped her tears coming from her left eye.

"Good now that I can talk to you," Hermione took a step closer to her and looked left and right, "What did the twins told you last night?"

"They told me to reject everyone's offer about the yule ball,"

"They what?! Don't tell me now that they dragged Harry and Malfoy into this," exclaimed Hermione, rubbing her temples to calm her down.

Y/n sheepishly nodded yes and that made Hermione to groan in frustration. "What about it?" asked y/n, not having a clue on what was going on and why Hermione was fuming right now.

"Don't you get it? Y/n, you're a very smart girl but sometimes, you can be dense,"

"I really don't know what's going on,"

"Just- you know what I'll just have to kill the twins," Hermione quickly stormed off. She don't want y/n to be left alone during the ball whilst everyone was enjoying and happily dancing to the music. Hermione knew that y/n been through a lot and she thinks that y/n deserves to be happy, even if it's just for one night. And she won't let Fred and George ruined the ball for her.

"It's okay, Hermione— I mean, it is just a ball," said y/n, not caring the slightest bit about the ball. Y/n gave her a pleading look which no one could say no to this cute look of hers. Hermione gave in and smiled at y/n. Soon, both of them reached the Great hall and went to their usual spot. They were both greeted by their two boys and began eating.

When y/n was eating, a newspaper was harshly placed on the table. Y/n looked at Hermione's worried expression.

"What is it, Hermione?" asked y/n. Hermione didn't answer instead she pointed out at the newspaper placed in front. Y/n grabbed the newspaper and saw a picture of Harry and Hermione hugging and then quickly pulled away when the flash came in.