003

𝖺𝗎𝗋𝗈𝗋𝖺

i got home from school and man was it exhausting. so many people came up to me, asking for my name, how old i was, how pretty i am. i laid down on my bed, feeling tired. i got up and changed into some black shorts, a tank top, and a dodger jersey. i put on a cap, grabbed some water and went outside, grabbing my glove in the process. it was really hot outside. i got to the baseball field as i started practicing my pitch.
it's not good enough. i tried and tried to perfect it but it turned out bad. i groaned in defeat. i grabbed my water and drank some, a bit irritated. i heard some voices.
"who's she".
"whys she at our spot".
i turned around and saw a group of boys. and that's when i seen them. benny and scotty. i rubbed my head embarrassed.
"hey guys", i said awkwardly.
"hi aurora !", scotty says, excited.
he ran up to me, hugging me in the process. i took a step back in shock. i did not expect him to do that. he must've noticed and immediately stepped back.
"IM SO SORRY I DIDNT MEAN TO!"
"it's fine scotty, don't even worry about it".
he smiled, in which it got silent and not to mention awkward for the past few minutes.
"uhm i'm just gonna go".
i started to grab my stuff until a hand stopped me. i looked back and saw benny. god, his eyes are marvelous. so angelic. so beautiful.
"please don't go", benny said in a whisper, in which we only heard. i simply smiled, causing him to be a bit flustered. he took his arm off on me. we stared into each other's eyes, not one of us daring to look around. that was until a hand came into the of us. we snapped out of our little gaze we had going on and looked. it was a boy with glasses.
"love birds, quit. benny are ya gonna play or keep flirting", he said annoyed.
"shut up squints, i'm going", benny says.
i blushed, pink slightly showing. benny flirting with me ? must be a joke.
"can aurora play with us?", scotty asks.
"uh it's fine ! i don't have to !" i say immediately. i didnt want to interrupt them anyways.
"no-"
"you probably can't even play sweetheart".
i looked to who said that. a little chubby kid. the hell? sweetheart? god i hate being called that.
"excuse me, but don't ever call me sweetheart".
i walked closer to the dude. he walked closer as well. we stand there eye to eye, shooting glares to each other. there was so much tension between us so benny and scotty and pull me away from the kid while the rest of the boys pulled him away from me. we both scoffed at one another.
" i like her".
" i like him".
we turned back to each other, smirks on our face. we gave each other a handshake, saying our names in the process.
" i'm hamilton but call me ham".
" i'm aurora, pleasure to meet you".
he just nodded his head. everyone else looks dumbfounded. ham said that i could play with them but first i gotta show what i can do. i grabbed the bat from benny. i got into a batting position, waiting for the ball. 'STRIKE ONE'. wait.. 'STRIKE TWO'.
"too easy", ham says, throwing the last ball but making it a bit to high.
'BALL ONE'. 'BALL TWO'. 'BALL THREE'.
just want i wanted. last ball comes as i hit it. i threw the bat, running to first base, then second. third comes, and then boom. home. some boy took a long time because the ball was hiding somewhere.

hours pass by, as we said byes. i was about to go home until benny stopped me. i turned around.
"hey, that was a good hit ya did", he says, looking down while rubbing his head.
"thank you benny" i said, chuckling.
he looks up at me. our face closer than ever. we both had pink showing up on our face.
"bye aurora".
"bye benny".
we turning around, both of us walking around and with pink on our face.