weeks 7,8,9

November 13

Michael ruffled his hair with his hand, frustration traveling through his bloodstream as he stubbornly continued to try and negotiate with his manger.

"Please don't make me miss Christmas; she wants me there! I want to be there! This is a joke," he huffed, the denim jacket he was wearing was not helping him cool down. He crossed his arms across his chest and sighed.

"Michael, buddy, I'm sorry. We all want to be home but we need to finish up this album. I know how important Abby is to you but this has got to be your main priority.

Anger was his current mood as he groaned, "For fuck's sake, we're all missing Christmas with our families! Don't you think that's a bit unfair? We can push the release date back, can't we?"

His manager sighed, "I'll see what I can arrange, but you need to calm down, Mike. Being angry won't help anyone."

✱✱✱✱✱✱✱✱✱✱✱

November 20

"What'd they say?" Michael eagerly asked as he saw his manager approaching. He shot Michael a mischevious grin.

"You're going home for Christmas. But the release date can't be delayed any further, so you'll be in here a few hours longer once Christmas and everything passes."

Michael's eyes widened as he hugged the man bearing good news, thanking him repeatedly. He could finally see his baby for the holidays.

✱✱✱✱✱✱✱✱✱✱✱

November 27

His thumb brushed over his plane ticket; after he had been told the news last week, he searched for the first flight home, back to Australia.

He wouldn't be arriving until Christmas Eve; however, he couldn't contain his excitement. He padded around the hotel, grinning like a fool at the ticket.

"You're starting to creep me out," his bandmate, Luke, informed him as he watched his fellow guitarist smile at the piece of paper.

"Shut up, Luke."

Before the blonde boy could argue back, Michael's ringing phone interrupted their tiff.

"Hello?"

"Hi, Mikey! I have some news!"

Luke gave me a confused look and I shrugged before speaking. "What's up?"

"I might be able to book a flight to Los Angeles for Christmas!"

I froze, looking at the ticket, then at Luke, who stifled his laughter at the crossing plans. I rolled my eyes and sighed.

"Oh! That's... nice! Did you buy one yet? Or-"

"I'm looking right now! I'm so excited, Michael, I'll get to see you!"

I hummed and spat out a response before I processed it in my brain. "You know, the managment wouldn't even let Calum bring his girlfriend here; they said she was a distraction. I don't want you to fly over here just to be kicked out."

I could envision her adorable pouting face as she sighed, and I momentarily felt bad before remembering I would be the one flying over for Christmas.

"Oh, alright. Yeah, I understand. Well, it was worth a shot, right?"

I chuckled, "Yeah, I appreciate it. I have to go, sorry. I love you! I'll see you soon, baby."

She giggled despite her failed plan and hung up after she repeated a similar goodbye. I slid my phone into my pocket and smiled.

I really would see her soon.

/////

okay i just squished the short ones into one part bc makes more sense/easier to publish all at once!! the next ones will go up tomorrow and the last one will be up late night wednesday or early thursday morning idk just in time for christmas haha

comment/vote pleasee i love getting feedback from you guys!! i hope you liked this/these chapter(s)