week 1

September 30

"How long are you going to be gone for?" Abby whispered, tears dripping down her rosy cheeks as her fists were clenched by her sides. To say she was upset and heartbroken was an understatement.

Michael's head hung low, his bright, scarlet hair disheveled as he mumbled a response, "About twelve weeks."

She scoffed and more tears escaped her eyes as she crossed her arms across her chest like a child, "You're going to be in LA for twelve weeks and you never bothered to tell me until two days before you leave?"

"I didn't know how to tell you and I-"

"Bullshit, Michael; you've been perfectly capable of letting me know the previous times, why are you hesitating now?"

He closed his eyes, tears now flowing down his cheeks as well as he spoke.

"Because I knew you wanted me home for Christmas. I missed last year, and the year before. And now this year, we had everything planned, and this stupid recording session has to ruin it. You were so excited, I didn't want to leave you alone again for Christmas."

Abby's expression softened, and she regretted getting angry once his explanation was heard.

Now it was her turn to be ashamed.

"Michael," she cooed quietly, "I'm sorry-"
He shook his head, "I should be sorry; you've done nothing wrong. I'm never here anymore, I've stood up so many dates; God, I suck at being a boyfriend."

"No, you don't." Abby whispered, her fists now hanging limply at her sides as she advanced towards his still figure, sitting on the unmade bed they had been cuddling on an hour ago.

"Yes, I do. Now look at me: I'm going to be gone for like, three months!" Michael groaned, letting out a frustrated sigh. He truly felt awful for leaving Abby behind yet again, and it made him feel worse that she wasn't even the slightest bit angry anymore.
He felt like he deserved to recieve an award for worst boyfriend. That feeling sucked.
Abby silently stood in front of him, her petite figure no longer shaking in anger, but rather still as she put herself in Michael's shoes and realized how awful he must feel.

"Let's get some sleep, yeah?" she suggested, hesitantly toying with his fingers.

"Yeah, sure," he replied, shooting her a hopeful but timid smile.

They shed their unnecessary articles of clothing before laying in bed, silence washing over the room. The covers shuffled as Michael wrapped his arm around her waist, rubbing gentle circled on her skin as he pressed his soft lips on her temple.

"You know I love you, right?" he whispered, placing another kiss on the back of her neck.

"I know."

✱✱✱✱✱✱✱✱✱✱✱

October 2

"Don't go," Abby sighed, nuzzling her face into the warm material of Michael's sweater.

It was the most dreaded day for the two of them; the day Michael leaves for Los Angeles.

"I'm sorry, baby, I really am," Michael whispered, rubbing her arms in a small attempt to soothe her, "I wish I could stay."

As the feminine voice on the intercom announced the band's flight, Abby clung onto Michael's sweater, unable to let go. He felt his heart shattering at the thought of making his favorite person upset, and he wanted nothing more than to stay with her.

"I need to go, Abby," he sighed, nudging her cheek with his nose, making her produce a light giggle, "there's the cute smile I love."

She blushed at his comment, and her tears soon felt as if they were boiling on her warming skin.

"Have a safe flight," she told him, giving his lips a quick kiss before watching him walk away. He turned around and shot her a hopeful smile, and as he mouthed the words "I love you", she blinked and her world was turned upside down.

///////////

feedback is appreciated, please leave comments on how this was!! more stuff to come later, peace out pals :)