week 4

October 23

Rain drops pattered against the roof as the room was dimly lit by the computer screen, a red headed boy grinning at the girl on the other side of the world who was now on the screen.

"Hey, baby; asl?" Michael joked, wiggling his pieced eyebrow as Abby blushed and let out a childish giggle. He smiled and ruffled his red hair, rearranging his emo-like fringe just the way Abby liked it.

"Hello to you, too," Abby replied with a laugh, tucking a few strands of her blonde hair behind her ear.

Michael stroked his invisible beard as he pretended to be lost in his train of thoughts, "So I hear it's almost someone's nineteenth birthday," he said withba smirk before feigning realization, "oh, your birthday! Next week!"

Abby suddenly felt a wave of sadness sweep through her veins, as if someone had injected her with the terrible emotion. She let out a sigh, "Too bad you can't celebrate with me."

The previously happy boy was now being injected with the same drug she was under; sadness. It was bad enough not being with his loved one for mulitple weeks; but to miss her birthday? It was too much for Michael.

"You know I would if I could," Michael cooed, glancing up at her through his thin eyelashes. His green irises were displaying his current feeling of lonliness as Abby remained silent, not ready to answer.

As if her ability to be empathetic towards anyone shut off, she suddenly snapped and felt herself speak before reviewing her words. "If you didn't leave we could be together on my birthday."

She didn't mean to hurt Michael with her words; however, the moment the smallest trace of a smile vanished from his lips, she knew that the damage had been done. Neither of the exchanged words, only sorrowful glances from both sides.

"It's for work, you know that." Michael said in defense once a few minutes had passed. By now, he felt both selfish and like a squashed bug.

"I just-" Abby started, her eyelids fluttering closed, all her pent up frustration and sadness finally hitting her like a tidal wave clashing with the rocky shore, "I'm tired of being alone, Michael. I want you here, with me."

"I have fans who I can't let down- not everything revolves around you, Abby."

She felt her bottom lip tremble as she knew she had crossed the line. It was selfish of her to want Michael for herself, but after spending numerous Christmas' alone, she felt the need for company. "That's not what I meant-"

"What did you mean then?" Michael snapped, annoyance obvious as a vixed look set on his face.

"I-" she sighed in defeat, knowing she was out numbered in reasons.

"I'm sorry, but I'm not up for a fight this early in the morning. We'll talk about this later, yeah?" Michael said with a calmer tone, relfecting on his words in his head.

"Sure," Abby replied, her eyes studying the keyboard as she avoided the webcam.

"Goodnight, Ab. I love you, and I miss you, okay?"

As the last words tumbled from his lips, she slammed the laptop lid shut, not wanting to think about the previous events.

Stray tears slowly slipped down her cheeks as she tucked herself underneath the plain covers, shutting her eyes. Her thoughts continued to race around her head like horses on a field, galloping freely with no set destination.

✱✱✱✱✱✱✱✱✱✱✱

"How's Abby?" Michael's curly haired band mate, Ashton, asked as he padded towards the desk where Michael sat with the laptop still opened to a dead Skype call.

"She's okay," Michael responded, feeling guilty and upset at how the situtation had been handled, "yeah, she's fine."

No, she's really not fine at all.

///////

amnesia reference ba dum ts anyway ill try to update once a day bc need to end this on christma lol!! share w ur friends and comment feedback please!! this chapter wasnt very good im sorry ill go back and fix things later but im busy w finals BTW GOOD LUCK HOPE U ALL PASS UR FINALS ILY