Chapter 17

I woke up in my own bed, with speckles of gold glowing in the ceiling. I turned and found Midas who was wrapped up in the white duvet, snuggling the pillows, sleeping peacefully.

"Good morning, my prince," I whispered and kissed his nose. His lips curled into a grin as his eyes remained closed.

"Good morning, love," He said and nuzzled his head into my neck and left a small kiss on my collar bone.

"Come on, let's get to work," I said, and went to get up but he pulled me back in.

"Five more minutes..." he mumbled into the pillow.

"Babe, you're the boss, you gotta get up today," I grinned and played with his inky brown hair.

"I don't wanna..." He said and pulled my body closer to his.

"You gotta get up sleepy head," I said and kissed his forehead, "c'mon."

I began to pull his arm to get up and he weighed his body down like a dead animal. I pulled his body more until he got to the edge of the bed and I turned his hips just to make him fall on the floor.

"You're an asshole," he mumbled and curled into the blankets. I rolled my eyes jokingly and left him to use the bathroom and get ready for work. As I started my shower, I heard Midas finally get up from the bedroom floor, and my bedroom door opened and closed shortly after.

I showered and did my makeup, and eventually changed into my work clothes. I walked out of my room and tried to find Midas, but he was gone. The rest of the agents were gone too. I walked into Midas's room and his closet was mangled, and his dresser drawer was still open. The neat and organized layout of his watches and ties had been messed up. I looked at his clock and saw that I had about 20 minutes until I had to be at the office. I decided to straighten up his wardrobe and leave a note in his closet. I used an old-timey calligraphy pen to write on it and it was simple.

I love you 

~ Y/N

After cleaning his closet up, I transported myself into the Agency, and I appeared in my office. I logged into my computer to find any assignments but found that there was an urgent meeting to attend at 9:45 and the clock read 9:40. I rushed and grabbed pens along with notebooks, and a tablet to record or write anything extra down. After grabbing essential supplies, I hurriedly walked down to the conference room on the first floor. I scanned my wrist on the panel and the door slid open only to reveal the agents just calmly talking at the conference table, with Midas leaning his hands against it, reading a paper with a cigarette hanging from his lips.

"Good morning, y/n!" Tina said from her white chair.

"Good morning everyone," I said and took a seat next to Skye, which was about three chairs away from Midas, who was at the head of the table. I eyed him and noticed that his tie was somewhat messed up. It was crinkled in the back under the collar of his white button-up shirt. I could tell he was rushing this morning. He looked up from the papers, his glasses resting on his pale face. His eyes moved to my body, and then my face.

"You look nice today, y/n," Midas said. I blushed and looked at my notebook and back at him.

"Thank you, sir," I said and pushed a piece of hair behind my ear. He gave a small smirk and went back to reading. A few minutes had passed as I set up my tablet so it was easy to take notes as Midas talked.

"Alright guys, since everyone's here, I'll start," He said and stood straight up and turned the lights off, with a projection coming from the table.