Chapter 9

Skye's P.O.V.

"Meowscles, Midas is gone!" I said as I burst into his room.

"What?" He asked as he placed a weight on the ground.

"Midas. Is. Gone." I said worriedly.

"Like...he left?" He asked.

"For gods sake, yes! He LEFT!" I said. Meowscles then began to worry.

"He's injures, what the hell does he think he's doing?" He panicked. He began to ping him through his earpiece, but we heard it from the other room. We ran to the sound but found that he left his earpiece on his desk.

"Dammit! We'll have to track him down with his barcode." He said.

"We need to tell the others," I said while staring into blank space.

"You tell the others and I'll unlock the armory. This is serious."

I made my way into each door of every agents room to tell them to come to the conference room immediately. They all had worried looks on their faces because we never usually have to go to the conference room in the middle of the night unless it's for something extremely serious.

After a few minutes, I met everyone at the conference table and leaned against it just like Midas would.

"Guys, I went to check on Midas about twenty minutes ago and he was gone. His earpiece is on his desk so we can't pin point his location or even communicate with him. We have to go after him right now," I said.

"Where did he go?" Brutus asked.

"We wouldn't have to go after him if we knew where he was. We all know he's injured so our boss could get killed if we don't find him and protect him soon," I instructed.

"Get ready pronto," Meowscles said and slammed a hand on the table. We all lifted ourselves and headed for the armory. We collected shields and med kits, along with some of Midas's creations. We brought a shield umbrella, a sniper that Midas experimented with and updated, and all of our signature weapons.

We put our hands together and transported to the agency where we warned the guards about Midas's disappearance.

Meowscles and I split up towards Misty Meadows while Tina, Maya, and Brutus hit Sweaty Sands. We were on the hunt for not only Midas but also the shadow agents. We had to get y/n back. I began to ping his barcode but there was no ping back.

"I swear if he gets hurt or they kill him I will-" Meowscles cut me off.

"I know he's injured but he's tough, Skye. He's a better fighter than all of us. I bet he'll be fine wherever he is until Shadow finds him," He said.

"You're right, he'll be fine..." I sighed as we made our way through the map slyly towards weeping woods, where Midas and y/n were together last.

We approached the woods and noticed some signs of Midas. A tree had a golden hand print on it, but this could either be our Midas or Shadow Midas. We took it as a sign. Either way it was good.

We traveled further into the woods and lost all signs of Midas, but we both continued to ping him. Still no answers back.

Y/N's point of view

I laid in the room by myself and was given nothing but bread and water to eat. I was practically being held hostage. It's only been about a day but there's not much interaction with me. Only when I get food but I haven't been interrogated yet today.

The only interaction I've really had is the constant ping on my wrist. Someone was trying to find me but I don't know who. Since I wasn't an agent, I didn't have the choice to transport to the agency or anything. I'm just an assistant, I'll probably die here.