Chapter 11

Midas P.O.V.

I woke up in my bed and noticed that my side was bandaged and sorest it's ever been. I winced and sat up, and thought about where Shadow has been holding y/n. As I was thinking, I opened up my Black night stand and got myself a cigarette. I tried to stop smoking but every time I get stressed out or the feeling of last resort, I feel the need to smoke. I lit the cigarette with a golden lighter and flung the lighter on the floor, feeling careless.

I noticed that I was in different attire than what I was shot in. I assumed Meowscles had dressed me. I looked around my room and noticed that there was a small folded pile of clothes along with a silver necklace on top of it. I slowly got out of bed and limped my way to my desk, trying my hardest not move my abdomen. As I approached the small folded pile of clothes, I noticed that they were y/n's. I picked up the necklace and got so mad that she was gone. It wasn't her fault at all, but all I wanted to do was destroy Shadow. The angrier I got, I could feel my core turning to gold. I watched the once silver necklace dangle from my fingers and turn solid gold. I put it back down on the table and puffed my cigarette, and then tapped the ashes off of it into my golden ashtray on my desk.

I lifted my shirt and looked at the bandages, and then lifted the new bandaged slightly just to look at the bullet hole. It had began to heal but it was ugly. It was stitched up but dried blood surrounded it. I looked at the other bullet from when Shadow sniped me, and it was almost healed completely.

I walked out of the room in hopes to find the rest of the agents and begin to plan an infiltration to Shadow. I walked into the conference area and found the agents sitting around the table, I looked at my watch and it read 9:24 a.m. This is the latest I've slept in years.

"Midas! You're awake," Tina said as she peeled her eyes off of her phone.

"Yeah, I need to apologize to you all," I said and leaned against the table with both of my hands against it. All of the agents watched me from where they were.

"I am so sorry I went off on my own without letting any of you know. I realize how dangerous it was and I thank you for looking for me as long as you did. I thought I was gonna die yesterday until I heard Skye's little voice. I won't do it again, as long as I'm not already injured. I just really wanted to get y/n back as fast as possible. Ghost doesn't leave anyone behind whether they're an agent or not. Which leads me to my next discussion, we need to come up with a plan," I said and made sure I had made eye contact with everyone in the room as some point. The room was silent for a few seconds until Brutus spoke.

"We really appreciate the apology, boss. You had us worried sick," He said. I nodded and looked around the glowing map that made up the entire conference table.

"I agree with you boss, we do need to find y/n. I miss her a lot too, you just need time to heal and we'll destroy Shadow just how you want to. We will get her back," Skye said. I felt the barcode on my neck begin to vibrate, which only meant one thing.

"Y/n is pinging me," I said as my eyes got bigger. Skye whipped out her tablet and she pressed her fingers against my barcode, attempting to transfer the data from the pings to the tablet.

She watched the screen as it began to load and then suddenly, her location popped into the map. Skye instantly transferred the location into the conference table where we could all see the red location marker, glowing in the map. We all stared with our mouths open now that we knew where she was.

"We need to go now," I said and attempted to get to the armory but Meowscles stopped me.

"You can't risk getting hurt again. Look, we all know how much she means to you but they won't kill her. They're going to hold her until they get something out of us," He said.