The Search Begins

Bruce's P.O.V.:

I hang up on Dick, not wanting to hear any more of his attempts at reassurance. Instead of looking at the brighter side of things, his words just make me think of all the possibilities that could have happened to her. I rub my forehead in frustration, just thinking about all of the possibilities, the worst is finding a bullet in her heart again.

"Did you find her, sir?"

I look up towards the staircase, to find Alfred rushing towards me. "Yeah." I look back at the huge monitor and clicking on the kitchen camera, reversing the video. I freeze the video, showing a clear view of Demetria and Jason together. "She's with Jason."

"I guess I should've suspected that."

I look at Alfred. "What do you mean 'you should've suspected that'?"

"Master Jason has been coming to the manor in the middle of the night, recently, for some of my cooking. That is why I leave leftovers in the kitchen."

"How come I never knew about this?" I ask, slightly annoyed.

"You are always too busy to notice the small things like this, Master Bruce."

I stay silent, irked of how right he is. Not wanting to stay on this topic any longer, I walk past Alfred and onto the platform with the displayed suits. Standing in front of Demetria's case, I can't help but wonder where they went. The glass shows my reflection with Alfred's appearing behind me. "Where do you think they went?"

"Not far, I presume. If I know any better, Master Jason may be a rebel, but he wouldn't hurt Master Demetria in any way."

"He might not, but someone else might." I walk away from the case and head up the stairs into the manor. "I'm going to check on Damian. Dick will be coming soon."

"Of course, sir."

I enter the manor, walking straight to the second floor. Reaching the top of the steps, I look at my clothing. "I should probably change," I tell myself, pulling on my clothing. I enter my room, walking straight into my closet, grabbing a white t-shirt and grey sweatpants. Stripping my clothes off of me, I quickly change into the more comfortable clothing and go straight to the twins' room. 

Opening the door, I find Damian on his stomach, his face looking away from the door. His one hand is under the pillow, supporting his head, while his other arm hangs off of the bed. The white blanket on the bed, is now on the floor, only a portion of it hanging off of his foot. I walk into the room, going over to Damian. I put to finger to his neck while I take my other hand and grab his wrist. I check for his pulse, making sure that the sleeping pills haven't done anything major to his body. 

"Pulse is fine." I release my grip on his wrist and smooth out his hair. "You're sister is a handful, Damian. I don't know how you or your mother have done it." I sigh, taking my hand away from his hair. He moans and flips onto his back, mumbling incoherent words. "Thanks for the words of encouragement, Damian." 

Walking out of the room, I find Alfred at the bottom of the steps looking at me. "Are you going to finish your breakfast, sir?"

Reaching the bottom of the stairs, I walk past Alfred and make my way back down to the Batcave. "I need to find her." Before I could reach the entrance to the cave, I hand grabs my shoulder and stops me.

"As much as I would want to find Master Demetria, too. I advise that you finish your breakfast. No child would like to see their parents drop to the floor due to their stubborn refusal to stay nourished," he says staring into my eyes, with a look of seriousness. 

I nod my head, not wanting to argue with Alfred. Arguing with Alfred is the last thing that anyone should or want to do. We enter the kitchen, walking over to the family table. I take my seat as Alfred grabs my food on the table and takes it over to the microwave to reheat it. As I wait for my hot food and coffee, I pull out my phone from my pocket and call Dick. While the line is ringing, Alfred places the hot breakfast in front of me and soon my coffee.