I Need You

Damian's P.O.V.:

Grayson and I run into the cave side by side. The computer and artifacts slowly come into view as we run at full speed. Entering the cave, I see Father, Drake, and Todd, gathering in front of the Batcomputer. I run eagerly to the group, wanting to hear about Demetria's condition. But as I approach them, their faces turn to me. A look of sympathy and sadness overtaking their whole face. 

I begin to slow down, taking in their expressions. My full speed turns into a cautious walk. My heart begins to beat fast, as I take a sharp breath in. Stopping in front of them,  my whole face drops. "Where is she?" I breathe out.

The three of them look at each other, not answering my question. They give each other a knowing look. Now I know something is wrong.

"Where is she!" I say louder, clenching my fist and teeth. 

They turn their attention back to me. 

"Damian," Father whispers.

"Where?!" I scream out. I want to see her. No. I need to see her.

"Damian, calm down." Grayson puts a hand on my shoulder from behind.

I glare into Father's eyes, as I shrug Grayson's hand off of me. "Tell me where she is!"

"Damian," Father says, his face turning serious. "I need you to change out of your uniform and calm down a little."

"There's something wrong, isn't there!"

The three of them look at each other and turn their attention back to me. "Just get changed and we'll tell you."

"Come one kiddo." Grayson puts his hand on my back and guides me to the changing station. 

We step into the changing area, quickly stripping out of our uniforms and into comfortable clothing. Stepping out the changing area in all black, I quickly dart over to the three of them. I stand in front of them with my fist clenched and chest high, trying to hold in my anger. I impatiently wait for them to tell where she is. I cock my eyebrow, wondering why they're still refusing to tell me the whereabouts and health of Demetria.

Seeing my confusion, Tim speaks up. "We're waiting for Dick."

I turn my body around to the direction of the changing station and yell. "Grayson, if you don't come out of that room right now I'll get in there and strip you myself!"

Just as I say that Grayson comes running out of the changing station towards us. "I'm here. Where is she?"

I avert my attention to Father, waiting for an answer now that Grayson is here. He looks back at me and makes his way to the stairs leading into the manor. One by one, we begin to follow him in silence. No one says a word as we make our way into the manor and onto the second floor. We take a right into the hallway that Demetria and I's room is, but we pass it. 

"Father, where are we going?" 

He doesn't answer me; he continues walking straight. We pass numerous rooms until Father stops right in front of the door at the very end of the hall. I look at him in confusion as he just stands there with his head down.

"Damian," Father says picking his head back up. "Promise me that you'll behave once we step in."

My heart rate begins to rise. My body stiffens and my mind begins to think of the unimaginable. "I promise."

Father opens the door and walks in. The others walk in before me, but as they walk in, I look away, shutting my eyes. I don't want to see any of their reactions when they walk in. I'm afraid of what might be on the other side of that door. There are countless possibilities of what's there.