Chapter 31: Frick

Start from the beginning

Lucas becomes suspicious and wary of her expression but nods. "What is it?" He asked in a harsh tone but she gave him an indifferent look.

"What do you think of Anastasia?" She asks an unusual question that makes him confused.

He didn't know what her motive was but answered her anyway. "She's a very intelligent and strong woman that's more worthy of the throne than you"

"Is she now?" Jennette took his answer lightly and began to fantasize about it. "Well she is magnificent in every way"

Lucas was tired of her already and scowled in fury. "What do you want? Still moping around because I don't return your feelings?"

Jennette giggles which bewildered him even though she got insulted. "I just want to see the look on your face when you lose her to me"

"What?"

*WARNING: INCOMING BOSS*

Jennette's Stats:

Wait, this girl is a threat?

*LET THE BATTLE BEGIN*

Lucas glares at the joyful Jennette while containing his magic that was swirling around crazily in his body. He holds in his anger and stays calm. Jennette was enjoying seeing him get frustrated and opened her mouth.

"Anastasia... Why do you even bother talking to her when you no longer meet?" She taunts him as he glares at her even more intensely.

The reason why he couldn't meet her outside the palace nor within the palace was due to his duties. He's constantly working in the tower with more demands coming from the emperor for ridiculous requests. But what he doesn't know is that it is part of the Princess' scheme. She has been keeping him busy while Anastasia visits and so they have not met ever since.

"What gives you the right to meddle in our business?"

"I am the Princess after all and soon the Empress" Jennette crossed her arms. "Anastasia hates you"

"Are you jealous of her?" Lucas clicks his tongue. "Are you really that obsessed with me?"

"No, Lucas. I never liked you. In fact, I despise you" She glares him with a straight face and he reacts indifferently. "Why is it that you get all the time with her and I'm stuck isolated in this palace? Why do you get to be her closest friend and not me?!"

"... That's your problem" He slightly smirks at her face.

"You won't be laughing at me any longer now." She grins. "Anastasia is already mine and I intend to keep it that way"

"Impossible. She was mine from the start and you think I'll let her go so easily?"

"Hehe." She chuckles at him and covers the bottom half of her face. "No. I think she will kick you out of her life instead. She deserves a better partner and that's me! I've been protecting her and all you do is play around!"

"Tsk. You think you're capable of protecting her?" He scoffs.

"Of course I am. I've been doing it all this time, why else would I get rid of those scumbags?"

He stood silently at her statement and furrowed his eyebrows in bafflement. "... Scumbags?"

"Yes, the nobles that suddenly went missing? That was me" Jennette confessed and he was speechless. "But they deserved their deaths! They tried to plot against the Karalis Household! So with my power as the Princess, I used my guards to get rid of them" She was pleased with her own achievement. "Yes... I manage to protect her as the Princess but when I become the Empress. She'll be completely safe by my side"