.CHAPTER FIFTY FOUR.

Start from the beginning

Frank looked over at him with a small smile, "Yeah?"

"Can I um.. have another one, but with more vodka?" He asked and Frank nodded, taking his glass from him.

Gerard put his head down again, feeling embarrassed for a reason completely beyond him.

"Wow," The girl next to Gerard said again, and Gerard bit his lip at the sound of her voice, "You have nice tattoos, but aren't you a bit young for them?"

Frank looked over at her with a small laugh, "I'm twenty four, but thanks. I really like 'em."

Gerard looked up when he saw Frank placing the cup in front of him, and he smiled softly before lifting the cup up so he can drink from the black straw again.

He didn't hear the girl speak for a while as he played with the rim of his glass. Gerard assumed it was a while, he didn't exactly know since this whole scenario seemed to last hours in his mind. He rested his hand on the palm of his hand in boredom.

"Hey," The girl mumbled, and Gerard assumed she was speaking to Frank again so he just sighed.

"Hey redhead." She spoke again, and his eyes immediately shot up to her, and he gulped when he saw that fuck she was actually really pretty. "You come here a lot?"

"Um, yeah?" He croaked, because honestly he didn't care how much he dyed his hair right colours, Gerard Way would always be a dim little light bulb when it came to conversation.

"He's single right?" She pointed a finger in Frank's direction, who actually laughing at what another customer said.

Gerard swallowed and shook his head, "Uh no, no he's not."

"Fuck.. really?" Her face deflated, and Gerard smiled a little at that internally.

Gerard wasn't a bad guy, okay? But he wasn't that fond about this girl asking about his fiancés relationship status. His happiness was understandable... he hoped.

Gerard nodded at her question, looking away from her to sip his drink.

"Well, how do you know?" She asked, and Gerard couldn't help the way he choked on his drink, coughing aggressively as he covered his mouth.

Dear fucking god, was she serious?

It didn't seem like Gerard could stop choking in time to answer her question though, because she took it upon herself to ask Frank.

"Hey, you have a girlfriend?" She asked, and that just made Gerard's skin begin to crawl.

He rubbed his neck, his throat feeling all scratchy from his aggressive wheezing.

Gerard was still looking at the counter, not at all ready to witness whatever the fuck was about to happen. He couldn't see what Frank's reaction was, but from his tone Gerard assumed he was a little taken back.

"Um no... I don't." He said, his tone unsure. He didn't seem sure of his answer at all... so Gerard figured he must have probably just caught sight of him rubbing his neck awkwardly whilst glaring at the wooden surface. He took another sip of his drink.