.CHAPTER SIXTEEN.

i'm sick as fuck, baby
~[|]~

Gerard had taken off the makeup on his face before leaving with Frank, refusing to make himself a laughingstock for the general public.

He and Frank were now waiting outside the ticket booth, both shivering to death as the harsh winds blew down the concrete street. None of them knew why the ticket booth was fucking outside of the cinema, since this was fucking New Jersey, not some crime-free utopia with warm nights.

After a particularly devastating gush of wind Gerard couldn't really control himself, he jumped right into Frank's arms, wrapping his arms around his middle and shivering into his chest. Gerard couldn't exactly see Frank's face, but he could tell he was blushing by the way his arms stuttered hesitantly before embracing Gerard like there was no tomorrow.

"D'you want my sweater?" He asked quietly, and it was beyond obvious that he was trying to silence the chatter in his teeth.

Gerard knew what he was trying to pull, he was going to pull the most Frank trick in the book- well, aside from like, starting arguments over dog breeds.

Frank was doing that thing where he pretended to be completely fine so he could give Gerard something they probably both needed- and Gerard wanted to cry at how fucking sweet it was.

Though sweet, Gerard wasn't about to let his boyfriend get pneumonia because he liked to be kind.

"Frankie, you kind of need that." Gerard said through shivers, actually letting out a small squeal as the back of his neck littered in goosebumps.

"You're colder than I am, here-" Frank peeled off his sweater, revealing nothing but a fucking T-shirt underneath, and Gerard couldn't even begin to scold Frank for his actions.

"Frank," Gerard said in a whine, "put that back on, you'll catch something."

He was surprised he didn't choke on his words, and was pleased enough when Frank hesitated with his jacket. They moved up a few spaces in the meantime, and Gerard thought it was all done, well, until Frank put his sweater over Gerard's shoulders, making heat ooze all over his back.

Gerard had to hold on a sigh of happiness and replace it with little sound of disagreement.

"You're gonna get sick, motherfucker." Gerard groaned, and looked up at Frank through his eyelashes, still not taking his head off Frank's chest.

"I always feel sick when I'm around you." Frank said, surprising Gerard completely.

Gerard couldn't help the hurt that took over his face? Was that true? Did he make Frank fe-

"Lovesick." Frank added with a stupid grin, making Gerard's face scrunch up in both annoyance and relief.

He ignored the small twist his stomach did at the fact that Frank indirectly mentioned loving him, even if it was just a joke.

"You're such a dork." Gerard said, but there were traces of his smile in his tone.

"So you keep saying." Frank said, and Gerard nearly cried in happiness when they finally arrived at the front of the ticket booth.