"What does that mean, is it bad?" she leans in.

"Some things in life aren't what they seem, many double-crossing's face you, I'm sure your mistrust will help you there" Mrs McGarvey smiles.

Ivy tilts her head, "Double-Crossing's?".

Before she can ask any further the last card hits the table.

The Tower.

"A great change is headed your way, this change may have you abandon the past, to build something better" she taps the card with her finger.

A sinking feeling fills Ivy as she stares down at the small tower on the card.

---
Ivy leans against a wall at the Academy in Music.

She rolls her eyes as Prudence stands front and center, grinning.

"Spellman" Jamie appears by her side.

"Parker" Ivy nods, smiling.

The doors swing open as Blackwoood enters, the room falling silent.

"Students, today we welcome a new warlock" he smiles, stepping aside.

Ivy pushes herself from the wall, the air leaving her lungs, "No" a whisper falls from her lips.

Blackwood nods,
"This is Theo Putnam".

Theo looks around nervously, his eyes meet Ivy's as they stare at each other in shock.

*
"Theo--i--you're--" Ivy stresses, pacing the grounds outside as Theo sits on the steps.

"But you're human, you're very much human" she mumbles, thoughts swirling.

"Ivy" Theo sighs, spinning her around to face him.

"My great aunt Dorothea didn't just help the witches..." he explains, amazement in his eyes.

Ivy lets out a breath,
"she was a witch".

"This whole time, you've been..." she lets out a laugh.

It felt like a weight lifting, now they could be together fully at the Academy.

She smiles, pulling him into a hug.

He even felt like magic.

"Come on, i have to show you around" she grins, pulling him by the hand as she smile excitedly at each other.

*
"This is an unbreakable cell made for witches during the trials, just one night in here makes you descend into madness" Ivy circles the small room.

Theo chuckles, "not to sound bored but why are we here if it's used for torture?" he looks around worried.

Ivy smiles, "i know, it's doom and gloom but i just wanna make sure you know about it, it's used in a lot of pranks..." she trails off as dreadful feeling washes over her.

"Ivory" A whisper in her ear makes her shiver.

"Ivy? what's wrong?" Theo steps closer and she flinches from her daze.