1.1

it was 8:00 pm in the evening, and yeosang had just finished getting ready for his date with seonghwa.

when he heard seonghwa ask that question, he thought it was just a dream— being asked on a date by your crush? it is truly a miracle and a blessing.

he was touching up his eyeshadow when he heard his phone vibrate from the other side of the dresser. he unlocked it to see five new messages from the boy he was waiting on.

hwa 🌹❤️

hey yeo

i know our date is at 8:30

but i'm really excited and i can't wait to see you

so i was wondering if i could come to pick you up at 8:15 instead :)

sorry for rambling 😅

yeosang giggled at the older's messages,

yeosang

sure seonghwa:)

i'm just finishing getting ready lol

hwa 🌹❤️
you probably look beautiful, as always, well i'm omw then!

he shut of his phone quickly, so he could finish his makeup in time for seonghwa to come.

soon enough, he heard a knock at his front door. he ran out of his room and opened the door to reveal a very handsome man.

"oh my gosh..." they both said while looking at each other.

"you look gorgeous, yeosang," seonghwa complimented him as he grabbed his hand.

"i could say the same for you, mr. handsome," the smaller smiled up at seonghwa.

"where are we going?" he asked as they walked to seonghwa's car. last time they just walked around the city, so they had no need for a car.

"it's a surprise." seonghwa replied as he opened the door for yeosang. he then made his way to the drivers seat.

after about a 10 minute drive, the pair finally made it to their destination. "we're here!" the black haired male said, excitement laced in his tone.

"oh my gosh hwa! you brought me to a light festival!" yeosang said as his smile grew wide and he bounced in his seat, "i haven't been to one of these in a long time!" he giggled.

seonghwa cooed as he helped him out of the car, while lacing their fingers together. they walked down the lit path to get to the event.

when they got there, they were met with a group of people holding lanterns, amazing scenery, and calming music playing above the murmurs of the crowd's talking.

yeosang dragged the older into the festival, already heading to a booth.

"hello, can we please get two lanterns," he paused as he thought about a color, "two red ones please?" he smiled at the women in the booth as she gave him the bag of lanterns. "thank you." he said as him and seonghwa walked off again.

it was now 10:30 pm, which meant they hand be walking around for about two hours. the pair had been traveling to different booths, seeing all of the different lanterns and nature, and overall just having a good time.

"its all most time for the lanterns," seonghwa told the younger, who was now studying a few flowers he found planted in the ground.

"okay." he smiled sweetly as he and seonghwa walked towards the big group of people.

the pair took the lanterns out of the bag and began setting them up, they were supposed to release them at 11:00 and they didn't want to be late.

"hwa, i'm really having an amazing time, i always do when i'm with you- but this time... it's different,"

"i know what you mean," the older replied as he slipped his arm around yeosang's waist.

"have you lit yours?" the blonde questioned, to which seonghwa nodded.

"don't forget to make a wish," seonghwa whispered as he looked at his watch, which read 10:59.

and as soon as the clock struck 11, many lanterns were released, and many cheers were heard from the crowd. both boys successfully let theirs go on time, smiling at their wishes.

"what did you wish for?" seonghwa asked yeosang, who was busy snuggling against his side.

"i can't tell you that silly, it won't come true!" he joked as he poked seonghwa's side.

"i'll tell you mine," seonghwa moved away from the younger, only to grab both of his shoulders.

he breathed out as his looked at the younger's cute face, "i... i wished for the beautiful man in front of me to be my boyfriend," he explained.

yeosang's dazed expression was soon replaced with a smitten one, "well, i also wished for a handsome man to be my boyfriend."

seonghwa chuckled as his crashed his lips onto the younger's, not wasting anytime. and when they kissed, it felt like the whole world stopped for a few seconds, it felt like they were made for each other.

once they pulled apart, yeosang was pulled into a warm hug, he nuzzled his head further into seonghwa's chest.

"i can't believe i just got the most amazing human to be my boyfriend."

+++

at first i hadn't planned a chapter with yeosang meeting seonghwa's family, but would you like to see it?