Arriving

"Harry! HARRY!" Harry's eyes flickered open, seeing nothing but a blurred figure he reached for his glasses beside him. The figure gradually came into focus, it was Ron.

"C'mon mate we'll miss the carriages."

Harry obliged, blearily following Ron out of the compartment and into the deserted corridor, dodging some used dungbombs on the floor. Stepping onto the bustling platform outside, Ron led them towards Dean and Hermione at the opposite end, stopping in front of a group of first-years who were staring at Hagrid as though he might eat them.

"Hi, 'arry." said Hagrid.

"Hey, Hagrid." Harry replied.

They continued walking to the pair.

"Hey, Harry!" greeted Dean, "Sleep well?"

"I think so yeah, how long have I been asleep?" Harry questioned.

"Only about twenty minutes, we thought it best to let you rest." Dean replied with a smile.

The quartet continued to the carriages, pulled by beings Harry did still not fully understand. The dragon-horse hybrid seemed bizarre; even for the wizarding world.

Climbing into the carriage, there was an awkward tension between the four. Hermione had buried her head in a rather dull-looking book entitled: The Advanced Study of Ancient Runes: Volume 6, Ron was staring blankly at the wooden floor below, Dean was, quite contently, tracing a rather long scratch on his wand with his finger with Harry sat watching him.

'God he looks so adorable doing that' Harry thought to himself, instantly turning red and hoping nobody noticed him.

Soon enough the curtain of fog that had hidden the surrounding area for the last 20 minutes lifted, revealing the magnificently lit silhouette of Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, set against the majestic backdrop of the snow-capped highland mountains.

Entering the great hall again; Harry felt a rush of euphoria swoop over him like a Phoenix in flight. The four walked to the Gryffindor table. Harry, Ron and Hermione sat towards the end of the Gryffindor table near Fred and George with Dean going to sit next to Seamus who had saved him a seat.

"A very warm welcome to you all," Dumbledore began suddenly as the room fell silent, "I hope you all had a pleasant break. As always, we will begin with the Sorting Ceremony. Professor McGonagall if you will," he continued, giving Professor McGonagall a nod.

"Hufflepuff!" The Sorting Hat erupted after 25 minutes of sorting first-years. The last student jumped from the stool and walked to the Hufflepuff table.

"Now before we begin the feast I have a few start of term notes." Professor Dumbledore started, "Mr Filch, our caretaker, has asked me to remind you that use of magic in the corridors is strictly forbidden. All students are asked to avoid the first floor corridor as it seems Peeves is causing mischief there. Also, all first years please take note, that the dark forest is off-limits to all. Now enough chat, let the feast begin!"
Dumbledore clapped his hands together and hundreds of plates of food appeared on the tables at once. Joints of beef, roast potatoes, assorted vegetables and pies all piled high. Harry helped himself to his favourite, steak and kidney pie.

"Harry, I spoke to Professor McGonagall on our way in," Hermione started, "and she told me she'd ensure Draco gets punished accordingly."

"Mmm, Good," replied Harry with a mouthful of pie.

"Yeah, little git deserves it. Do you think we should let Dean know?" said Ron, starting to get up.

"Let me," Harry said swiftly getting to his feet and walking towards Dean.

"Well then," said Ron as soon as Harry was out of earshot.

"I told you!" Hermione said, raising her eyebrows at Ron, who returned the gesture with a smirk.

"All right, Seamus?" Harry said placing a hand on his shoulder.

"Not bad, you?" Seamus replied.

"I'm good thanks yeah. Dean, could I talk to you in private for a minute?"

"Erm, sure," replied Dean.

Harry and Dean walked towards the great oak doors, squeezing in between the long tables and narrowly avoiding eye contact with Ron and Hermione as they passed. Leading them out of the Great Hall, Harry found a secluded corner away from prying eyes.

"Is it ok if we talk here?" Said Harry, nervously looking around, "I just didn't want people overhearing about what happened on the train."

"Um... sure." Dean replied.

"So, Hermione told McGonagall about Draco earlier and she said she'd deal with him,"

"Oh good!" said Dean, smiling at Harry.

Draco stood up and marched out of the great hall. Pushing past a terrified looking first year, who Harry could not believe he was once as small as. Harry looked at Dean again.

"Listen Dean, I'll see you in the common room later, I've got to do something." Harry rushed.

He walked away from Dean, quickening his pace as he followed Draco down some steps to his left.

Harry reached the end of the steps and continued following down the deserted corridor,
"MALFOY!" Harry exclaimed. Draco turned around at once.

"What do you want, Potter?" Draco sneered. He turned and continued walking.

"I know what you did to Dean." Harry replied, bubbling with rage. He took out his wand and held it by his side.

"Then you'll know to keep out of my way!" Draco shouted back, still walking.

He stopped and took his wand in his hand. Draco suddenly turned to face Harry.

Harry pointed his wand at Draco. "STUP-"

"EXPELLIARMUS!" Draco shouted. A stream of bright red light shot from the tip of his wand. Striking Harry as his wand flew from his hand, landing at Draco's feet.

Harry laid on the floor. Blinking as a blurred Draco came into focus. He picked up Harry's wand.

"Tell anyone about what happened on the train and you'll be sorry." Draco snapped. He began to walk away.

"You'll be expelled by m-morning," Harry stuttered as he backed away from Draco. "Hermione t-told McGonagall."

Draco walked back and threw Harry's wand at him. "Meet me here alone tomorrow night or I'll get you expelled!" Draco shouted. He turned and walked away, leaving a dazed Harry on the cold, stone floor.

Harry's eyes blinked open. He stood up; the world around him spinning, as though he were a sock in a washing machine. He walked towards the steps as the wash cycle ended. Harry climbed the steps and re-entered the Great Hall.

---------------------------------------

Thanks for reading :)
Vote and comment

Arthur