The Train

"Right, got everything you need dear?" Mrs Weasley uttered to Harry as he prepared to board the Hogwarts Express.

"Yep," he replied

Mrs Weasley looked to the other end of the platform where the twins were playing catch with a dung bomb.
"Fred! George! Stop that at once!" screamed Mrs Weasley

"You've got all your books? And your robes? And don't forget your cauldron!" She then said in quick succession to a nodding Harry.

Toot! Toot! the train's whistle blew. Climbing on with his trunk, Harry followed Ron and Hermione down the walkway to an empty compartment where they quickly flung their cases on the racks above them and waved to Mrs Weasley through the fog that was the compartment window.

Around half an hour after the Hogwarts Express left the station, there was a sudden thud from outside the compartment.

"I hope that's sweet trolley," said Ron looking hopefully down the hall.

"Ronald you really never think about anything other than food, do you?" said Hermione in an annoyed tone.

"Well I'm always hungry. What'd you expect?"

"Someone could have hurt themselves," she said heading towards the rickety, sliding door.

Cautiously looking out, Hermione saw a dazed looking Dean Thomas lying on the floor.

"Well?" asked Ron

"It's Dean, he must've fallen over," she replied over her shoulder.

"I'll go help him up," added Harry placing his copy of The Daily Prophet on the seat next to him.

"You alright Dean?"

"Errm... Y-yeah I think," stuttered Dean whilst looking around like someone who had just run into a wall at speed.

"What happened?"

"It- it was Draco..." he added still stuttering,

"Draco?" questioned Harry lifting Dean up from the floor, deliberately avoiding eye contact with Draco in the compartment next to him.

"Yeah I w-was in his compartment."

"What were you doing in there, I thought you hated Draco?"

"I do but there weren't any other f-free compartments, "

"You could've always sat with us. How did you get out here then?"

"He used... I mean he used Crucio on m-me..." said Dean turning away to attend to a cut on his arm.

"He did what?" said Harry becoming increasingly angered.

"Its fine Harry, really, it's b-been happening for y-years now..."

It was at that moment Draco noticed the situation unfolding outside and gave Harry his usual cold stare. Which angered Harry further.

When Harry and Dean returned to the compartment, Ron instantly questioned them about what had happened. After a few minutes of Ron's relentless questioning, Hermione noticed that Harry had stayed quiet for most of the conversation and was clearly on the edge of exploding with rage. She shared a knowing look with Ron and quickly escorted Harry out of the compartment, motioning towards Dean as she closed the door. A sign that Ron knew meant he had to make conversation with Dean, who was twiddling his thumbs in the corner trying to keep out of the way.

Hermione led them into a quiet corner, cast a silencing charm around them and began to talk to a now shaking Harry.

"Harry. Try to calm down for me," she said slowly in a calming voice

"Calm down?" before he knew it, Harry was shouting at the top of his voice as he drowned in a sea of anger. 

"CALM FUCKING DOWN HERMIONE? DRACO HAS BULLIED DEAN FOR YEARS!" Harry's scar seared,  "AS IF I DIDN'T NEED ANOTHER REASON TO HATE THAT BASTARD. NOW I FINALLY HAVE A REAL REASON TO GET HIM!"

Hermione stood in silence, taken aback by what she was sure was caused by you-know-who.

"We'll go to Dumbledore as soon as we get to school, OK Harry?" said Hermione slowly regaining confidence "But you need to calm down before you do something you regret,"

After several more outbursts from Harry and several more calming words from Hermione, they made their way back to the compartment.

Hermione, Ron and Dean talked amongst themselves for the rest of the journey whilst Harry sat away from the group with his head against the icy glass, staring angrily at the hilltops outside.

---------------------------------------

Thanks for reading :)
Vote and comment

Arthur