9 years later

Epilogue

*Claudia and Daniel are now 25

Daniel was at the top floor of Chase, Inc. Inhabiting what used to be his father's; his father passed 6 months after Daniel knew about his condition, ever since, Daniel has shun the world and focused solely on work.

While Daniel worked at the company, he also took private lessons and was home-schooled, or rather office-schooled. Despite all the meetings, files, hectic schedule, he was able to finish college with a degree in business management.

Daniel began working at the crack of dawn and finished after midnight, he was what you call, "workaholic". All he did was work, work and work some more. Daniel stood up from his leather seat and peered at the stars, now visible in the intense darkness. Daniel closed his eyes, remembering the girl he once shared these moments with.

"How is she?" Daniel thought

He wondered how Claudia was every single day for the past 9 years, "where is she now? 'Cause I'm thinking of you."

Did she change because he feelings for her never wavered.

He had so many unanswered questions, it drove him mad. His transfixed trance came to a halt as his assistant, Sue Lee, knocked on his office door.

"Good evening, sir, I was just here to remind you that you have 4 appointments tomorrow," she said

"Oh, I see, what are they, Sue?"

"You have to fly to a couple places to see employee capacity and store sales, that would be at a hardware and at a local branch. You have a meeting with Mr. Dexter for the Echo account at 2 pm and a meeting with the board at 6pm."

Daniel nodded and thanked her, Sue muttered a 'welcome' and headed out.

Daniel always made sure to have surprise visits to their stores to make sure the employees were not rude or slacking off and to check the store's condition as well. Daniel started this because of Claudia, he remembers the first time they met as if it was yesterday.

Yesterday, he thought, he could finally relate to the lyrics.

Yesterday, love was such an easy game to play...

Daniel began clicking away on his phone until someone answered.

"Hello, good evening, Padilla Airlines, how may we help you?" A monotonous woman spoke

"It's Daniel Chase," Daniel simply stated

and just like that the monotonous tone the woman previously had was no quirky and alert. Daniel laughed inwardly.

"What can do to serve you, sir?"

"I need a 7 am flight for tomorrow," Daniel said

The woman quickly assessed the flight itinerary and in just 2 minutes, Daniel was ready to go.

•••

Daniel woke up to his 5 am alarm.

Daniel stood up with a sigh, loosening his necktie. He was so exhausted he didn't bother changing from his suit. He took a cold shower to wake his dropping eyes.

He went over to the dressing room and chose a casual outfit, one he could blend in with the crowd.

He didn't need to pack he had 6 pre-packed suitcases, all of which had the same contents. Daniel traveled a lot and having to pack was a hassle to him so, instead he devised this plan.

Daniel chose one of the 6 and placed it by his bed.

A knock on the door resonated in his room.

"Good morning, Cal," Daniel said