Ushijima Wakatoshi x Reader

Magsimula sa umpisa

Once you had returned, you got ready to set again when he strode over and put his palm on the ball to stop you. You just looked up at him and waited, knowing he was going to explain his actions eventually anyways.

"Do I offend you?"

There was an almost visible question mark above your head. Offend you? When?

"Offend me? When?"

"Don't know. Usually people get offended when talking to me."

"I guess I could see it, but no, you don't offend me. You're just honest about your opinions, which is refreshing honestly."

Clearly he had never been told that based on his wide-eyed expression. He remained frozen, his palm still holding the ball in place in your hands.

Noticing he may have been looking for more of an explanation, you continued.
"Usually people skate around their opinions or sugarcoat then to not upset anyone, and it can be pretty fake sometimes. So I like that you say what's on your mind without any extra crap."

"You don't seem to mince words either," he nodded as if affirming himself on the spot.

"I don't like to, it's a waste of time really."

"You don't have many friends then," he more stated than asked.

"Yeah, but I've never really needed many anyways," you shrugged again.

Ushijima thought for a while before speaking again. "I've never met another person with the same views as me. It's.. strange."

"Yeah, I've never had someone understand before. Kinda nice, honestly. Are we just gonna stand here though, or are we going to play?"

"For the first time in my life I'd rather talk to someone than play volleyball."

You let out a brief chuckle before motioning to a patch of grass lit up by the moonlight. You both sat in silence for a while before he started a conversation about deeper topics. He didn't strike you as someone who normally did that, so you went along with it. You were intrigued by him, to say the least. You talked for a good while about personal beliefs and upbringings and how you got to where you were present day.

The conversation started to wind down, and you had to stifle a yawn.

"You're tired." Again, he stared more than asked, so you nodded, so he added, "I'll take you home." He stood up and offered you his hand, which you took and pulled yourself up.

He looked at your joined hands briefly, and pointed at them. "Can I hold this while we walk?"

"Sure."

The two of you walked hand in hand, enjoying each other's presence as you guided him to your home. Unfortunately it was only a short walk away, so you were there in no time.

You turned to face him, standing on your doorstep.

"It was nice to meet you, I'm sure we'll cross paths in the future," you nodded at him, sure of yourself.

He looked at the ground, which seemed odd to you as he had looked you in the eyes the whole night prior.

"Thanks for.. understanding me," he said in a quiet voice. Well that was unexpected.

He looked up when you didn't respond to see you offering him a small smile and a paper with your number on it.

"We can help our paths cross a lot more often this way," you explained when he took the paper. He gave you a small smile in return, which was probably the most beautiful thing you'd ever seen.

"I look forward to it, (Y/N)."

You could tell he didn't know how to leave off the conversation, so he put his hand on your head and slightly ruffled your hair before turning to walk off. The only thing you could do was internally thank your friends for dragging you out that night and think about the next time you'd see him.

Ok so I think I want to do a part 2 to this about Ushi and (Y/N) meeting up again?? Not sure?? Thoughts?? Sorry if this wasn't great, it's my first one shot getting back into writing again!