Chapter 10

*Song of the Chapter: 'Never Lover Boy - Tiffany Alvord'*

Days passed, nearing Halloween.

Decorating the classroom for the game booths was an advantage to see Nathan because we had to go to the 8th grade classroom to help with our Halloween booth.

Thanks to that excuse, I got to see Nathan a lot.  Although, most of the times, I would catch him glaring at Ethan while Ethan cluelessly slouched there and did nothing. Almost everybody now  think that me and Ethan like each other because we hang out a lot but I just like him as a friend. In fact, he's not my type, at all.

Most of the conversations that I would have with almost anybody these days, whether it's in person or in chat, it would go like this:

Person: "Do you like Ethan?"

Me: "No."

Person: "Do you still like Nathan?"

Me: "Do i have to answer that?"

Person: "Haha.. no never mind."

I'm so sick of being teased about Ethan and it's pretty sick that I can't even be friends with someone without someone misunderstanding and spreading rumors. He's my friend and only a friend. Besides, he like's Lizzie and he is absolutely crazy  over her. He would force himself to talk to her everyday but fails every time and he gets so awkward and stiff whenever she's around. Sad for him, he has no chance with her.

Although, Ethan and Lizzie would've bee a cute couple. But I think I understand Lizzie's opinion. In my point of view, Ethan isn't cute and he's such a show-off.

I keep telling him, "Dude, you've got to stop that. You've got to man up and talk to her or something. Otherwise, other boys will beat you to it." 

Yes, I am helping him with Lizzie and trying to set him up with her. I have no idea why though... I guess I understand how he feels and just wanna help him out since I really think that they'll look cute together. Ethan will probably never stand a chance with someone too good like Lizzie but he's giving it a try. Never say never, right?

Speaking of Ethan, the worse thing is that Ethan and Nathan are practically enemies. They hate each other for no reasons and certain reasons. They haven't talked but Nathan is clearly mad or should I say, jealous, of Ethan. I can tell by the way he looks at him while I'm talking to Ethan, he shoots Ethan one of his death glares and sometimes, Ethan would awkwardly look around when he realizes that Nathan is looking at him.

I'm not amused by this and I know sometimes, I enjoy seeing him jealous because it's cute but I  also hate seeing Nathan sad and all alone because of me. All I wanna do is go to him and give him a hug but I can't because it's forbidden.

However,  i'd be lying if I wasn't the slightest amused to see him suffer especially after my suffering over him when he tried to make me jealous. I did get jealous and it was to the verge where I wanted to pull out a gun and hold it to their heads. But I pushed that thought aside. Revenge is not good. I told myself. Besides,  I'm not that kind of person. I really can't do that even if I had to or even wanted to.

Soon, Ethan finds out about this jealousy thing and Ethan starts to know why Nathan hates him so much. But he keeps insulting him everyday! And it's pissing me off. I don't know when I started getting so defensive for Nathan but I feel like stabbing whoever insults Nathan.

"He's not gay!" I blurted, one day when we were having class and suddenly Ethan started insulting him again. I was so sick of this.

"Would you just quit it? It's getting so annoying!" I was getting pissed off at how cocky Ethan was becoming.