Chapter Five

While I thought the guy would choke me to death, he let go of my neck and resolved to inflicting pain on me with his gang members till Appa comes around. They took turns in whipping me with a horse whip and each time, the level of pain increased. I didn't know how much longer I'll be able to endure it, and if Appa was going to come save me since they claimed to have sent him videos of what happened.

"Is your beloved Appa not coming to save you?"The guy that captured me said and blew cigarette smoke on my face while he rested a bit.

"We can't keep on waiting here forever!"His boss pulled the trigger of his short gun and directed it to my forehead.

Right then, I realized how precious life was. Not only to me but everyone else. Even if we're experiencing all kinds of unpleasant situations, we still have a strong desire to endure, so we'll able to enjoy it when things get better.

"Is this really going to be the end of me? Is there absolutely no way to save myself? Was I really meant to die in this pitiful manner? What's going to happen to my family members who love me dearly? How will the news of my death going to be relayed to the populace? Will they say I got killed while messing around with cultists? Will I be tagged a girl who lacks home training?" Different thought crossed my mind when I saw him pulling the trigger. My head was in a quandary state. Neither my hands, feet, or eyes could function properly. Every part of my body went numb.

"You shouldn't have bring her here", Appa could easily be identified by his erroneous English. I saw him when he walked into the hood majestically even though part of my eye was already swollen. His dark natural hair had been replaced with gold dreads, and a tattoo was also inserted close to his left eye.

"Why did it take you so long to come here? Were you scared?" Don laughed with other members of his crew.

"Let her be going. We can settle this man to man", Appa replied calmly this time.

"You no fit come my zanga con dey yarn dust. Na me dey run his town", He widened his big eyeballs unconsciously as he spoke.

"Wetin you want?" Appa was back to being in an angry mood.

I thought he came to blaze them away and save me like heroes do in action movies but I was wrong.

"I want you and your people to plead on her behalf and accept the fact that we're your bosses", Don replied chidishly.

"E be like say craze dey worry your head!" Appa became more furious.

"If you don't bring them here in less than five minutes, she's going to be a dead meat", Don returned to his seat.

"Don't worry, we'll send you part of the suya we use her to make", The other guy patted Appa's shoulder.

"Please, God don't let them kill me! I'm begging you in the name of God!" I mumbled with my heart in my mouth My hope in Appa failed me so I had to find another way to save myself.