It's okay. Relax. Take deep breathes.

"I'll ride home with Zayn and pick up my car after our practise." He smiled, taking out his car keys from his pocket and placing it on my palm.

"Okay," I smiled back.

I almost ran towards Liam's car the minute he walked back into the school.

Liam's house was not ver far from mine, but still, it will take twice the time to reach home.

It's okay though. I am not as desperate as earlier, I feel strangely calm right now.

I can feel myself getting anxious as I parked Liam's car in front of his house.

Just give the laptop and leave, that's what you have to do, Violet.

I took a deep breathe and stepped out of the car, walking towards the main door of Liam's house.

I don't have time to observe my surroundings, will do that some other time.

Just as I was about to knock on the door, it flew open, revealing a middle aged blonde lady in a suit.

"You must be Violet," she said breathlessly, looking relieved to see me.

"Yes, and here is Liam's laptop." I smiled, forwarding the small laptop bag for her to take.

"Thank you so much, love."

"No problem."

Okay, what now ?

"Do you wanna come in, have some tea ?" She asked in a proper bristish accent which instantly made me like her.

"Not today, but will surely drop by some other time." I declined as politely as I could.

"Okay, thank you again. Have a good day, love." She took a step back, smiling at me.

"Okay, bye." I waved awkwardly and hurried back to Liam's car.

Was I supposed to wish her a good day as well ?

Ugh. I should have.

Whatever, forget it.

Now, we go to Harry!

I arrived back home in 10 minutes.

But as soon as I entered and was about to run to my room, Judy stopped me.

Fantastic.

"Violet, an old friend of mine is coming for lunch today. Do you mind joining us ?" She asked when I entered her room.

"Well, I just came back and -" I started to say but got cut off in the middle.

"It's okay, take your time to freshen up, she'll be here in an hour so there's no hurry." She smiled, a glimpse of excitement was visible in her eyes.

And just like that, I couldn't say no to her.

Maybe, now is not the right time.

I should wait for a bit, so that I can make it memorable for us. There's no rush, right ?

Right. Let's just wait.

I took a deep breathe and entered my room.

"Hey," Harry's voice greeted me cheerfully from across the room. He was sitting out in the balcony, painting something.

"Hi," I smiled.

I love you too.

Relax Violet, remember we are making it romantic for him.

"You are a bit late today, everything alright?" He asked as I dump my phone, bag and jacket on the bed and walk over to him.

Soft sunrays were falling over him as he sat elegantly on the couch with a canvas in his lap.

I quietly sat down beside him, sighing loudly.

"My car won't start. So I drove Liam's car back home and had to give his laptop to his mom on the way."

He nodded thoughtfully, and continued to look at his canvas.

"Oh, and some guest is coming for lunch in an hour, so I'll have to be there." I added, supporting my head on the headrest of the couch.

Also, I love you.

Shut up.

"Oh, so you're busy today." He sighed sadly, returning his focus back on the painting from me.

He was painting a flower.

Even with just one petal finished, it looked beautiful.

"Yeah, I guess so." I said and sighed sadly, moving closer to him so I could rest my head on his shoulder.

I could so easily tell him that I love him right now, but that won't be special. The least I can do is make it special for us to remember. Something worth waiting for, something romantic.

I got up and changed my clothes, washed my face and got ready to go downstairs to Judy and the guest.

Turns out Judy's old friend is really old.
As she said and I quote, "Oh darling, I am just 98 years young."

I had to spend 2 hours. That is one hundred and twenty fucking minutes listening to two ladies whi has lived almost a century.

If I wasn't constantly thinking about Harry, I would have liked their company. But because the thoughts of Harry and this unusual giddiness of realising that I am in love with him made me lose any ounce of interest that I had in their conversation.

After the painful two hours, I lazily made my way back to my room.

I had to stop in my tracks to admire the view in front of me.

Harry had fallen asleep on the couch in balcony, a paintbrush loosely gripped in his hand and the canvas still resting on his lap. His lips were slightly parted as his head was resting on the headrest, making him look even more adorable.

I stepped out in the balcony and quietly sat down next to him.

Smiling to myself, I whispered the words for the first time.

"I love you, Harry."

_________________________________________

Apologies for the late update ❤❤.

Do tell me your views on it and don't forget to give it a vote.

Sincerely,
Meera.