chapter 11

Please enjoy!
____________________________________________

Sonya and I sit out by her pool basking in the sun. We've been up since about 10am and laying in the sun for about an hour. I sit up and look over at her. "Wanna go get dinner?" I ask. She removes her sunglasses and sits up "yeah sure, fancy? Or chill?" She asks. "Mmm chill, we can do fancy tomorrow" I answer. She nods and we head back in to change. Thankfully I thought ahead and packed for the week and for on the road.

We hop into her car, sonya wearing her ripped Jean's and black top and I'm wearing my leather pants, tank top and oversized fluffy sweater. "We should get pride flags and do the photoshoot after dinner" I suggest. She nods glancing over at me "yeah sure, when do you wanna post the pictures?" She asks. I shrug slightly "mmm tomorrow, I'll come up with a caption that'll explain it all without saying we've kissed or went on dates" I reply. "Or that we're basically together" she adds.

I smile lightly and look at her happily. "Are we together?" I ask. She glances over at me, "well we can go on a few dates and see how it goes there isn't really a rush, right?" She holds my hand. I nod and smile biting the inside of my lip "yeah of course, when the time comes for us to be girlfriends it'll be great" I whisper back. She nods and smiles pulling into the parking lot of the restaurant.

The two of us walk inside holding hands, we get a few stares from around the restraunt as we enter. Ignoring them we get seated and given menus. We found a healthy cuban place on Yelp while on the drive here. I haven't had cuban in so so long I'm so excited. I grew up eating a mix of cuban and regular american foods and it's been so long since I've had cuban food.

Sonya looks at me from across the table and smiles then looks back down at the menu. I look through the menu for a few minutes before finding what I wanted to eat. Our waiter comes by with a note pad "what can I get you ladies?" He asks looking between us. Sonya nods at me "I'll get the mojo chicken, rice and beans with a strawberry lemonade" I order and look back at sonya. She smiles "can I get the mojo pork, rice and beans, and a regular lemonade please" she orders and then grabs my hand from across the table.

He nods and writes down our orders "okay, I'll be back with your drinks and some breadsticks" he let's us know before walking away. "So I believe we're headed to europe next week" I start. She nods "yeah we are, the UK is first theres gonna be alot of cities there" she adds. I nod "how long is that tour usually?" I ask. She thinks for a second before answering "mmm about a 3 weeks with a few days off to do tourist stuff" she holds my hand gently. I smile excitedly "I'm looking forward to it" I whisper.

She smiles squeezing my hand "me too" she whispers back. I smile biting the inside of my lip. The waiter comes by and drops the bread and our drinks off. "Thank you" I thank him. "You're welcome" he replies before walking away. We sit and talk eating the bread before our food comes. We start talking about our goals we want to achieve as a couple later on. I think it's important for us to set goals as a couple and as individuals. It helps us understand what we both want out of it. For me its marriage and a family, I can't see myself with anyone else but her and we aren't even officially together yet. All I can see when I look at her is my future and I'm so looking forward to it.

I would love to see tiny versions of the both of us running around a house, i stop overthinking and focus back on our conversation and eating the delicious Cuban food. "So we'll go and get some pride flags after, wanna invite liv? She can take pics of the both of us, they'll be just for us" she asks. I nod "yeah sure why not, she's great at taking pictures" I smile taking a sip of my lemonade. She nods agreeing "she is, has your sister in law texted you or called?" She asks. I nod "yeah, she texted earlier letting me know they're getting on the plane so I'm sure they're home already" I answer taking a bite of chicken. We finish up our food and she insists on paying, "I can pay please Sonya" I pout giving her puppy dog eyes. She laughs "fine but I'll pay tomorrow" she smiles and kisses the top of my head.