31. You guessed it

Start from the beginning

"What's wrong, chika?" Dante asked as he opened the door for me and helped me out the car. He was wearing black voi jeans which were palmer designed cuffed joggers. He wore his grey vans and a light grey suede shoulder patch thin sweater.

"Nothing, just girl stuff." I smiled.

"Well, you'll always have me by your side okay. Don't forget that." Dante stated as he placed his hands on my hips and brought me closer towards him before kicking the car door close. "You almost lost me once and I'll make sure that doesn't happen again."

"Dante?"

"Yes."

"You're a sweetheart." I smiled before lightly pecking his lips. I pulled back before he could kiss me back and giggled.

"Take that back." He smirked. "That sounds so girly. If anything, I'm a bad-ass."

"Whatever helps you sleep at night." I grinned knowing I was getting on his nerves.

"Take that back or else..." He chuckled lightly before running one of his hands through his hair then once again placing his hand on my hip.

"And if I don't?"

He slipped both his hands into mine before his lips reached my jaw, tracing the lines of my ear to my collarbone. They were so warm against my skin. I couldn't stop my heart from pounding in my chest. My blood flowed rapidly in my cheeks, making my face as red as ever. I lifted my hands out of his, and pulled them up high to his shoulders, where I entwined them with his soft dark brown hair. He put his hands back down at my waist while pulling me closer to his chest. His lips were a mere inch away and I moved my face closer to his to remove any space between our lips but he slyly pulled back and smirked.

"You tease." I gasped and smacked his shoulder.

"I did tell you to take it back." Dante chuckled.

"Well, now you aren't getting a kiss from me for a whole week." I smiled and began to make my way to my aunty's front door.

"What?" He gasped in shock. "A week? But, but..."

He quickly walked after me and as I knocked on the door he wrapped his arm around me and held me close to him.

"Honey, you're late." My mom opened the door and when she saw Dante standing next to me her jaw dropped. "Dante..."

"Good afternoon, Ms Valdez." He smiled and politely took out his hand to shake but my mom stood there in shock with her hand gripping the door handle tightly. "How are you?"

"You're alive?" She asked in shock. "But that day Haley and you came to visit me at my meeting and those gang members were there and they ... you ...-"

"Mom, he's alive and well. He-"

Before I even had a clue what was going on my mom threw her arms around Dante and grabbed him into a tight hug. Meanwhile Dante stood there like an awkward child confused as to what was going on and what on Earth was happening.

"Urm, are you feeling okay Ms Valdez?" Dante muttered his face looking shocked and still confused, I was holding back a laugh at his priceless facial expression however, my heart warmed at seeing my mom did care about him regardless of the fact she saw him as a 'bad influence' and 'someone you should never hang out with'.

"Thank God you're alive. I'm glad Haley has her friend back but your father has gone into a deep depression thinking he lost you just like he lost your mother." My mom explained and instantly both Dante's and my jaw dropped. We had both completely forgotten his father thought he had died as well. I could see Dante grit his teeth and clench his fists and my mom let him go and wiped away her tears.