"You have no idea how lucky I am to have you!" Elijah exclaimed before he came to a stop and put her down right before she captured his lips with her own.

Taking this as their cue to leave, the other occupants walked out of the room while Elijah and Isabelle basked in the happiness of what they just found out as they devoured each other's lips with delight.

This was the best day of their lives.

Elijah rested his forehead upon hers after they pulled away. Isabelle closed her eyes in anticipation as the two held each other and Elijah's arms tightened protectively around his angel. He had his family in his arms. His life.

Elijah planted a soft kiss on her temple before resting his cheek on her head when she melted in his arms and placed her head on his chest. His leaping heartbeat made her smile.

"I never imagined feeling this way again..." She breathed as he listened to her intently. He knew what she was talking about.

"I couldn't think about this feeling...not after what happened to Adrian." Her voice shook when she croaked out that name. 

Elijah's body instinctively stiffened as a dark shadow cast over his eyes at the thought of anyone harming his angel again. 

He would end them before they even had the thought of touching his family.

"But now," She whispered after a few shaky breaths, "I couldn't have been more relieved that it is you I will be raising this child with. I won't let anything happen to her."

Elijah raised an eyebrow as he pulled back a little to grin at her, "Her?"

She smiled sheepishly as she shrugged, "Call it a mother's hunch."

He chuckled, "Well if a father's hunch would ever be considered then I think we'll have a boy. Not that I don't absolutely adore the idea of a young princess walking around with your hair and eyes." He smiled cheekily at her before she pecked his lips softly.

"Whatever be the gender, I know our child will be the luckiest to have you as their father." She whispered against his lips as he smiled down at her adoringly.

With intertwined fingers, the noirette led them to the couch where her Original sat before he pulled her onto his lap and wrapped his arms around her belly from behind as he planted a soft kiss on her shoulder.

"We've to think of a lot of things now. Starting with whether or not you should return to the Angel Realm." The Mikaelson murmured against her skin in a strained voice. He was reluctant about letting her leave but he could also not stop her from tending to her father.

Isabelle rested the back of her head on his shoulder as she played with his fingers. Until now, she had never been one to think about her own life in place of someone else's. But now, she had her child's life to think about.

"I am worried about my father but if this has anything to do with the Downworld or my mother, then she would not hesitate to go after me. Especially now that my father has fallen sick." She mumbled. The dilemma of her situation almost seemed ironic to her.

"Isa, I will happily go with you if that is what you decide. But, I would however request upon staying here. We have enemies here as well but none are strong enough against us." 

 ᴛʜᴇ ǫᴜᴇᴇɴ⚜𝓔. 𝓜𝓲𝓴𝓪𝓮𝓵𝓼𝓸𝓷जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें